Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks way better 2" lift, 1.5" spider traxx spacers, and some BFG T/A 265/70/r17's

·
Registered
914 Posts
The other Jeep in our garage is a Commander and I am just waiting for the current tires to wear down enough to be replaced and make the exact same mods. What lift did you end up buying? Any tire rub issues?

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The other Jeep in our garage is a Commander and I am just waiting for the current tires to wear down enough to be replaced and make the exact same mods. What lift did you end up buying? Any tire rub issues?
I have the rough country 2" lift and yes I had rubbing until I did the pinch weld mod look it up its easy to do.

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hell yeah man,,,looks great...the best part of it is....you have a 5.7L
Yep this thing can tow like a mofo to. Ive towed my jeep with it a few times and it does great.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
The other Jeep in our garage is a Commander and I am just i waiting for the current tires to wear down enough to be replaced and make the exact same mods. What lift did you end up buying? Any tire rub issues?
Love the commander!!! Nothing like a lifted jeep!..i recommend the OME(Old man Emu) md(medium load) or hd (heavy load) depends on if u plan on offroading it or adding some things to it...if you have the HEMI def get the HD..The RC lift he has is also very good! but the ome replaces struts, shocks, springs n is a lil more expensive!

my old wk:

this had the MD..P.S not tryin to steal your thread.

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you think the rubbing was caused by the 265 width or the extra height of the tire?
Yes the rubbing is because tire height but I wanted the bigger tires you can go with smaller tires and avoid rbbing and not have to do the pinch weld mod. It only rubs when turning left and right it does rubbing during normal driving and this was before I modded the pinch weld now it does'nt rub at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.