Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so a failed stock motor failed and chrysler denied me for now. This sad story has a nice up side. I get to have some one other then chrysler build me a real motor.

So what should I get and by who? I am leaning towards HHP/BES but would appreciate real world feed back.

I want to keep this reliable for everyday driving is my only concern.so I'm looking for the best package for my money.

So what would you do with ten grand cash? This can be a nice forum build where we all can have some fun. Need to act quick as I want this completed ASAP

Thanks in advance for any ideas

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
I have a HHP/BES 426 stroker. Many people on this site have PWR combo's. Two great choices. And then there is LPM out of Florida. So many choices these days... ;)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
For 10k you can get a nice 426 or 440.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking those. So how was your stroker set up and how do you like it? I'm keeping my corsa cat back and ace stage 2 air

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
I'd say get ahold of all & see who can give you the best deal the quickest, installed. Whoever you live closest to may be a factor also. Andy at PWR is always offering up some crazy deals.

Jim

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I was thinking those. So how was your stroker set up and how do you like it? I'm keeping my corsa cat back and ace stage 2 air
I like my 426 a lot. No issues at all.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in nj. I will contact them all and see what can be offered to me. Also paying in cash should give a nice perk. I just want to make surebthat I can drive it daily and be able to put my daughter in the truck while being able to talk inside. Thatsvwhy I chose the corsa I didn't want that loud residence.

Service is an important factor for me.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I would do a PWR or LMP. They seem to be the best builders for sure. I know Andy is top notch with service. But have heard nothing but great things about LMP too. I wish I was forced to get a new motor. Maybe I should drive my beast harder.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I'm in nj. I will contact them all and see what can be offered to me. Also paying in cash should give a nice perk. I just want to make surebthat I can drive it daily and be able to put my daughter in the truck while being able to talk inside. Thatsvwhy I chose the corsa I didn't want that loud residence.

Mine is a daily driver and no issues at all. Drives just fine until jump on it. Lol

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts

You probably wont find a ton of guys here who run HHP stuff, as they are a non-supporting vendor here. But HHP is a very reputable shop. They just moved into a huge new shop and can probably get you back up and running quick.
Bill (hdmlnium) had a Jeep with a HHP 426 running on 91 octane that he drove pretty much daily. He would drive down to New England Dragway in NH from Maine just about every week with no problems what so ever. He ran 12.0, but he was having some tuning issues that he never persued.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just talked to Andy for a 426 set up. He was great. I'm getting excited.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Just talked to Andy for a 426 set up. He was great. I'm getting excited.
Very cool. You won't be disappointed with a 426.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You would have to contact Andy each build is different depending on what you want.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
How much would a 426 setup cost including installation?
Install cost is generally in the 1k range from what I've seen.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes. I have cash in hand. Want to move on this ASAP. I miss my truck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts