Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
great site you have here and have learned alot already! im a current 2001 f150 lightning owner:flame: and im looking to add some more horsepower to the garage. from my limited research im starting to lean towards the 08's. theres a 06 at the local dealer that im going to test drive saturday to get some seat time but it has to many miles for me (93000). but there asking 22000 for it which seems fair and my neighbors brother works there so who knows. lol phil

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

That does sound like a fair deal, maybe try and get it for less.

Don't rush into one, as you will find the right one. What kind of budget are you on? I saw an '08 on ebay with high miles for around $28k

·
Registered
60 Posts
Im not sure where you are located but there are deals out there! People from hear always have there eyes open and can help you out! I wouldnt steer clear of an 06 they look great and IMO the interior is nicer in grey with srt8 logos? More creature comforts for sure but really hard to beat a good price on what ever year you are looking for! Actually just checked ebay and found an 08 for 25k thought that was great except high miles, however not as many as the 06 you mentioned! You will find one just be patient look at some of the pics on hear some of the 06s are super nice! good luck

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just bought an 06 with high 100,000 on it and love it!! Get the biggest grin every time i get in it and fire it up!! I think it needs a new TC but still love it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm located in Putnam ny. I would go as high as 30000 out the door. I daily drive a 06 impreza wagon and use the lightning on nice days. But the l goes away soon cause it's useless in the bad weather. The jeep will see some winter driving.I like the darker interior of the newer ones but if I find a 06-07 for the rite price I have no problem pulling the trigger. The lightning was a divorce present to my self and now that I'm settled again I need some thing with room and the performance doesn't hurt. Looking forward to the test drive. :). Phil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Side note. Called a guy today selling one kinda of local. Price seemed a little low. 80000 miles and a 06-07. I ask about the title he said theft recovery. Said it was just door damage and it was replaced. I'm going to run the vin and see what it shows. I'd rather not deal with title issues but the price is pretty damn good. I might go take a look this weekend but that is depending on whAt the title shows.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Good luck with getting your hands on a beast! Take your time and pick the right one....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well got my first test drive in today. was pretty impressed with the overall performance of the truck. the one i drove had to many miles and they actually had another in stock but was out of my price range(30000) they were asking 34500. im pretty excited and looking forward to getting behind the wheel fo real!

·
Registered
39 Posts
...I am looking to get my hands on a resonably priced loaded jeep srt8. I had the pleasure of test driving one of these amazing trucks and was in love. I will not settle for anything else. Could you guys please let me know what to look for in terms of defects? I am looking for a fully loaded truck esp with the stage2 entertainment pkg ..
thanks

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Price please!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.