Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my left rear door doesnt align perfectly its a little stuck out any way how to move it in

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
My rear passenger doesn't line up either. I think it's just how they were made. Fit and finish aren't so great when it comes to American cars. I'm sure there is away to get it lined up properly.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
what part of the door are we talking about? is it crooked? bad gap? not flush?

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
When looking from the rear you can see that the door is slightly out not fully flushed.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Here is comparison from drivers side and passenger side.

Can't really tell on these pictures but the passnger side is not completely flush.

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Mine doesn't line up perfectly either. Seeing a trend here.

·
Registered
998 Posts
same here, my passenger side rear door is flush, but my drivers side rear door sticks out at the bottom where the crease is for the wheel-well

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The lock mechanism is most likely set too far in, causing the door to sit out.. I havent looked but possible to make an adjustment of the locking device perhaps ?

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
If I remember correctly it gets adjusted at the bracket where the door latch hooks in when it closes. Not on the door side. It's held by two torx screws I believe. I'll try to snap a pic.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Crazy. I just noticed this exact thing on mine a few days ago. Driver side rear door.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
The 2008-09 model year was probably the pinnacle years for misaligned doors and inconsistant sheet metal gaps. Approx 50% of the vehicles coming off the line were poorly assembled - especially in 2008 when they were shutting down 2nd shifts due to declining volume.

I've seen some really poorly assembled SRT8s on dealer lots in SoCal and AZ, rear and front doors drooping, front hood misalignment. Quite a few were like that...

I lucked out with my 2010... all sheet metal gaps and panel alignment are fairly spot on.

The good thing it can be adjusted, but I would take it to a body shop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts