Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an idea what may be causing water to get into my left (drivers) rear bumber fog lamp (red)?

I have physically inspected from the outside and from the rear the lens and housing and do not see any cracks or damage.

During the wet months and especially today after driving for a few hours in the rain and at a road course event, the inside of the lens gets moisture and water inside.

It was especially bad today as water came out when I took of the bulb holder.

Does anyone know where the water may be coming in from? The little rubber breather is there and seems to be on correctly as compared to the right side.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had the same problem with the passenger side. Now the lens is discolored slightly, so I just a bought a new. Looking forward to disassembling half the rear end to get at one screw that holds it in. I'm sure mine came in through the socket, it didn't "lock" as well as the other side.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking the same. I replaced the rubber o-ring and it seems to be tighter.... lets see if it holds up.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Had the same problem with the passenger side. Now the lens is discolored slightly, so I just a bought a new. Looking forward to disassembling half the rear end to get at one screw that holds it in. I'm sure mine came in through the socket, it didn't "lock" as well as the other side.
do some searching on here there is a way to take a drill anddrill out the area where that hidden screw is so you dont have to dissassemble the rear bumper. i know it sounds harsh to drill something like that out being how expensive a vehicle it is but i did it and it works. The writeup i found included pictures, good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts