Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i had the putco leds all around but the rear seats were very dim i went to change them with the 194 led from vleds they are brighter which makes me happy but now when i lock my car the rear seat leds stay light but very very low im confused anyone is having this problem anyone please contact me asap or pm me

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Common problem with LED's.... Some install a resistor somewhere in the light circuit and others install a filament bulb in the rear hatch or the glove box.... Somewhere around here there is more info on this issue... I have Leds everywhere and did not experience this effect....

Reactions: SRTat3U

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Common problem with LED's.... Some install a resistor somewhere in the light circuit and others install a filament bulb in the rear hatch or the glove box.... Somewhere around here there is more info on this issue... I have Leds everywhere and did not experience this effect....
so the stock bulb that was in the glove box should cure this problem ?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i had putcos all around i didn't have the problem its when i switched out the straight bulb in the rear to the flanks for optimized lighting they weren't putcos they were V-leds is when this began

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
so the stock bulb that was in the glove box should cure this problem ?
Should cure it man.... That glowing effect happens for 3 mins if I recall and then turns off....

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if i left it the way it is and walk away and come back 3 mins later it will passively turn off ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
lol when i 1st installed the led's i started to freak out too thinking it would drain the battery..but its such a low draw it won't do much. I've gotten compliments because its gives off that low ambient light like in the new M3's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts