Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08’ jeep and just passed the 36,000 mark. Good thing I got the extended warranty when I got the truck. Really quick…I had the truck washed one day and everything was fine till I pulled out and got to the first light. As I stopped, a bunch of water just poured out from the overhead console (you know where the buttons are for the garage). I took it to my dealer and they told me they couldn’t fix it. (Bullsh>t) They don’t have the equipment to do it, what a crock of sh;t. (Rogers in Chicago just to let you guys know) So they told me to go to a different dealer that would be able to do it. I did. They told me that my rails needed to be replaced, and b/c of the rails it’s not letting the window come up all the way in the back. The only thing is that the warranty only covers the motor. So my questions to you guys now are:

1. Where can I get this fixed so it’s not going to cost me 1500+?
2. Does anyone know where I can buy the rails? (so I can get them cheaper then what the dealership is charging)
3. What can I use to clean my liner (I have water stains now)?
4. Is there anyone in the Chicagoland area that knows anyone that could help?

Thanks for the help in advance ladies and gents.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
damn bro. i feel for ya. i have the same thing. exact same thing actually. the rear doesnt come up and leaves like a half MM gap that lets water come in. water actually leaks down my passenger side A pillar and comes out the caps for the bolts.

what warranty do you have and who is it through? my is through zurich. they seem to cover anything and everything so far.

i have a TSB for my sunroof making a ratcheting noise so when i have them drop the liner and work on it for that i was going to play dumb and go back a day later saying the glass isnt closing now and they did something when they fixing the TSB. for the reason you mentioned, i was sure if theyd fix it either.

i havent opened my roof in 2 months and find myself having to push it up manually a few times every day and before carwashes.

sucks right? good luck. ill be taking care of this shortly myself.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
on seconds thoughts, with a minute of searching i found the answer, went to the car, and fixed it.

put car on RUN,close all doors, press vent button and release, when open all the way, press and hold for 5-10 seconds and done.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I tried it out and it didn’t work still down. WTF…lol this som bull man. Thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts