Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about ordering kooks headers, a corsa cat-back, and electric cutouts. Which kooks headers are best for performance/sound? the catless,high-flow cats, or which model number? Also which are the best dual electric cutouts? How much is each of the 3, and where can I get a Corsa catback, dual electric cutouts and the best type of kooks headers all from one vendor for the best price possible? And what is the general install price for each of the 3? Thanks for your help and sorry for the messy wording.

· Registered
11,229 Posts
I have the KOOKS and CORSA = LOUD as shat .. it comes in one size (1/7.8's) With High flow cats or cat less whichever you prefer . Get headers and Corsa then if is still not loud get cut outs .

Here's a video of my set up
KOOKS With high flow cats + Corsa you can't even hear that GTR next to me .

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thats alot louder then I expected, no more cutouts for me haha. Did you gain power?
When I'm done my mods are gonna be: Bwoody 4",180 t-stat, Mopar tcm with johan raising shift points, BT catch can, Kooks headers (which ones are yours catless or high flow?), Corsa cat-back, and a trinity w/ da toona tune

· Registered
2,792 Posts
I have the Kook's/Corsa combo with DMH low profile cutouts.
I simply love it. Best sounding vehicle I've owned.
If you go headers also,the Corsa catback is a must if you want to keep your sanity. Otherwise the drone of other catback's with piss you off. No drone with the Corsa. Cutouts just add some more volume to the setup,I personally think they are the best mod for the money. I've had them installed with 3 different catback systems.
They were $400 and my Kooks has cats,but I may hollow them soon to get some more sound.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Kooks headers posted on maryland speed say they only fit 2006-2008, will they fit 09 or do i have to find another vendor? Also is there a difference in the catless off-road headers and the high flow? Any different sound or power? I can get inspection no matter what so thats not the issue. Who runs catless and who runs highflow?

· Registered
11,229 Posts
No headers comes complete with mid pipes , all you do is choose with cats or catless .

· Registered
8,243 Posts
Here is mine and Harrisons jeep back in the day. Both have long tubes, single muffler and dual 3" QTP cutouts. The sound is like a prostreet drag car:D

· Registered
11,229 Posts
Yes 06-10 , all the same ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.