Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there's a kit titled "KENNE BELL SUPERCHARGER Grand Cherokee SRT8 S/C" on a very popular online auction site. Listing is quoted below.... anyone know anythign about this kit? I thought all the KB kits were one off?? What gives? I need education.....

THIS UNIT IS BRAND NEW IN BOX NEVER OPEN OR INSTALLED . THIS IS A KENNE BELL SUPERCHARGER FOR A GRAND CHEROKEE SRT8 WITH 6.1 HEMI FROM 2006-2010, THIS IS A TWIN SCREW INNER COOLED UNIT AND ADD'S A "140HP" AT WHEELS WITH ONLY 7 POUNDS OF BOOST. I ORDER IT FOR A CUSTOMER AND HE RAN OUT OF FUNDS AND I AM SELL THE UNIT AT A DISCOUNT PRICE TO MOVE IT FASTER.(SELL FOR $9750.00). ALSO I WILL SHIP THE UNIT TO THE CONTINENTAL US FOR A FLAT FEE OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS.ALSO THE UNIT DOES COME WITH THE TUNER AND WE WELL PROVIDE ALL UDATES TO PROGRAM THE VECHILE.ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL OR CALL 716-692-8222.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Well, hopefully paulie will chime in.

But KB requires a lot of fabbing, you can't just "throw on" a kenne bell on a jeep... There are 2 different types 2.8L and 3.6L...

The 2.8 fits in the engine bay fine, the 3.6 requires lots of fabbing and hacking of the firewall..

The kb is a sick supercharger though, no doubt..

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Well, hopefully paulie will chime in.

But KB requires a lot of fabbing, you can't just "throw on" a kenne bell on a jeep... There are 2 different types 2.8L and 3.6L...

The 2.8 fits in the engine bay fine, the 3.6 requires lots of fabbing and hacking of the firewall..

The kb is a sick supercharger though, no doubt..
I remember talking to Adam a while ago and he said even with the 2.8 Kenne Bell blower you have to hack up the firewall too....

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
OMG! lol...

I know the guy selling it, the guy who bought it and the fact that KB didn't get back to me regarding the transaction.

KS Auto is a local performance shop, about 5 minutes from where I am right now.

A couple months ago or so I ran into a kid at the local cruise night who said he just gave KS $10k for a Kenne Bell to be installed. Thats when I told him KB doesn't make that kit and that he shouldn't go to KS for anything. One of the employees at KS has very close ties to KB so if he was able to pull some strings, I wouldn't be surprised. But, when I got in touch with KB about it, I didn't get a response.

If someone wants it, or more details, or pics or something, I can do it for them. I'd like to swing by the shop and give them a hard time about it. lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts