Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellas, I've just wanted to share with you how resulted to go wider in both front and rear tyres with this size:

Front: 275/40R20 (dunlop maxx tt)
Rear: 315/35R20 (dunlop maxx 050+)

Loved the result and how improved in handling, milles per gallon almost the same. Hope this can be useful to somebody thinking about go wider.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Awesome looking pics. I especially like the first pic of the rear tire. How long have you been running this set up?
Thanks man!. I'm running for about two weeks, and definitely improved the stability cornering, considering that I'm rwd by now (removed the front driveshaft few months ago).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I ran a cam only mod in RWD for a few months and absolutely HATED IT!!!! Ended up losing a quick run from the light with a freaking GTI. Lol i had 423 rwhp, all smoke and baby throttling.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Really liking your srt mate.its so shiney.
Wheel colour looks good aswell.im think about getting mine done.
Are they a graphite colour?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran a cam only mod in RWD for a few months and absolutely HATED IT!!!! Ended up losing a quick run from the light with a freaking GTI. Lol i had 423 rwhp, all smoke and baby throttling.
Lol hahaha you are absolutely right, because rwd equals to lose traction with every single hp at the rear wheels. But from a rolling it feels a little faster, considering that all the power go to the rears haha.

I don't know when I'll put again the front driveshaft but until now is still fun to drive!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really liking your srt mate.its so shiney.
Wheel colour looks good aswell.im think about getting mine done.
Are they a graphite colour?
Thanks mate!, the shine is because it was detailled in march and let me tell you that is amazing how after 9 months the results still being impressive (just washing it without using any wax)

About the wheels, I tried to replicate a gm colour (technical gray, gm code number: 177) that I had in my previous opel corsa, but yes is kind a graphite :D.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the info.i was thinking about going black but thats so nice.
In some of your pictures i thought your door trims had been painted because other parts look chrome.
Keep up the good work

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info.i was thinking about going black but thats so nice.
In some of your pictures i thought your door trims had been painted because other parts look chrome.
Keep up the good work
A friend of mine had its rims painted black but I prefer the gray, if you want more photos I'll be pleased to share them here!

And about the trims... it's funny because few weeks ago I've just realized that my door handle trims have those chrome covers that you can buy on ebay/aliexpress lol, I thought that they came from the factory like that but not, they are just some door handle chrome cover trims :LOL:.

Have a great day mate!

·
Registered
30 Posts
A friend of mine had its rims painted black but I prefer the gray, if you want more photos I'll be pleased to share them here!

And about the trims... it's funny because few weeks ago I've just realized that my door handle trims have those chrome covers that you can buy on ebay/aliexpress lol, I thought that they came from the factory like that but not, they are just some door handle chrome cover trims :LOL:.

Have a great day mate!
Pictures would be nice.yes please.
I cant always tell whats standard on your srts because im in the uk and some bits seem to be different.There were only 164 imported here and i have only ever seen one other one when i was looking for mine so i cant even do any comparisons.
This site has been great though for finding things out:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
From the factory the export models have 245/45R20 for tires all around.
Yes.thats what i found.do you know if the calipers were different?
Mine are black brembos but the ones on here all seem to be red or a custom job.
Are there any other differences appart from the legal bits like lights ect.?
Sorry for all the questions but there is very little info over here

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pictures would be nice.yes please.
  • I cant always tell whats standard on your srts because im in the uk and some bits seem to be different.There were only 164 imported here and i have only ever seen one other one when i was looking for mine so i cant even do any comparisons.
This site has been great though for finding things out:)
You are in UK?! Great! I'm in Chile!, here theres some wk1 srt8 still running ( some even with nitro o_O) a lot of wk2 srt and one trackhawk.

I'll look for some pics to share with you ;).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From the factory the export models have 245/45R20 for tires all around.

Are you sure?... what about the difference we need to keep from the front and rear tyres? (255 - 285). I'm in south America and we have same specs from US:unsure:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Are you sure?... what about the difference we need to keep from the front and rear tyres? (255 - 285). I'm in south America and we have same specs from US:unsure:
Yes it's true to keep the same diameter of tire with 9" wheel up front and 10" on rear which would be 255/285.
Maybe only the right hand drive models came with the 245's all around? If so probably would have the 9" wheel on all four corners. There isn't a lot of info on the export models that I could find. And when they say export does that include everything other then North American?

·
Registered
30 Posts
2006 to mid year or less 2008 had the black calipers. Not exactly sure when in early 08 they changed to red calipers. What year is yours?
I can confirm about the tyres on mine.there the same all around with 245.
I didnt know the caliper colour was age related.mine is an 06 though so would of been black from your info.thanks for sharing :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts