Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock brakes finally gave out at 17500 miles. I’m a little surprised that my Pirelli Verdes lasted longer than my brakes. The tires look like they have about 3000-5000 left on them. The front brakes were already squeaking from the wear indicators but the rears looked like they had plenty left, but I decided to get all 4 corners replaced anyways.

The RBs were pricey, but the front and rear set cost about the same as the factory fronts alone! And you can replace just the ring the next time unlike the stocker... (according to the dealership).

I’ve only put about 75 miles on the RB brakes but so far I’m very pleased. Pedal travel feels slightly reduced and brake feels firmer than the stock Brembos. Over the past few months, my factory rears were squeaking quite a bit under soft braking, but that is now gone with the RBs.

I’m still going easy on the RBs because I need to burnish off the black top finish for about 100 miles before I can bed the brakes. My other big hope is that these aren’t as dusty as the stockers.

I’ll try and keep you guys updated as time goes on.

BTW, my RBs came with their XT 910 pads.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update... I’m very happy with the RB’s. I finally had a chance to bed the brakes and now have over 500 miles on them. They grab as well if not better than the stock Brembos and the pedal feel is much firmer. I don’t know if that is due to the fact that the RB’s don’t use shims between the pads and pistons but it could be a factor.

My stock rear Brembos squeaked like crazy, but that is no longer an issue with the RB’s. Occasionally on cold mornings, I’ll get a little sneak out of the RB’s, but that disappears after a few brake applications.

The best thing is no more dust! Before, I’d have to clean off my wheels and calipers with Sonax at least every week or two. Now, an occasional hosing off will do.

The RB system was a little pricy, but that is all relative. I got 2-piece rotors, front and rear, and pads for all four corners for about the same price as ONLY the front 2-piece Brembos. When it comes time to do the brakes again, RB sells replacement discs for their aluminum hats. According to the dealer, I’d have to replace my entire 2-piece Brembo rotors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m new to this forum and came here to research brake options. It’s time to replace the pads/rotors on the wife’s ‘18 and the excessive dust from the factory setup is driving me nuts. Would you mind posting wher you purchased your racing brakes and the part numbers you ordered?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks to all that replied...had an entire evening to kill and spent a few hours reading all of the top/recent brake threads. Lots of great information!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, OP, for your info! - this is super helpful stuff. I was having a particularly hard time finding info on the dust levels of the RB pads on our SRTs, so was glad to hear the XT 910s aren't as dusty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts