Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dyno was a 2WD Powerdyne Mustang Dyno. Pulled the TC motor and put it on Dyno mode using the Predator. Is this accurate?
Temperature was about 38-45F degrees inside.
1st run was 375HP/387TQ
2nd run was 376HP/390TQ

Here is the graph for the 3rd run:
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

· Registered
298 Posts
what was your mod? Looks close to my base dyno when i had john tune and Cai

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Numbers are a little high I think... Different Dynos show different numbers.... This can be a good baseline for you so that you can do some more mods and hit this Dyno again...

· Registered
11,229 Posts
Are these SAE numbers ? I remember I put down 377 AWHP on the same Dyno , but Corrected SAE Were 361 AWHP , conditions were similar as yours , around 40* .

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Are these SAE numbers ? I remember I put down 377 AWHP on the same Dyno , but Corrected SAE Were 361 AWHP , conditions were similar as yours , around 40* .
He only has a CAI, Mopar exhaust, and a tune.... No cam in there from what I see on his sig.

· Registered
11,229 Posts
True bro , makes sense . It seams to me that those are the Uncorrected RWHP numbers ?
Just checked my Dyno sheet .
Temp was 65*
Uncorrected 377awhp & 385 AWTQ
SAE corrected 361awhp & 369 AWTQ

· "guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,868 Posts
Can somebody correct the numbers for me?
Why is my chart jagged looking?
4th gear pull BTW.

Mods are on my sig.
I was looking at the same thing... Maybe its a dyno / seismograph. :D Was there an earthquake in progress too? :D :D

· Registered
11,229 Posts
Can somebody correct the numbers for me?
Why is my chart jagged looking?
4th gear pull BTW.

Mods are on my sig.
Ask the Shop to provide it for you , he should be able with no issue . But I just notice the pulls were done in 4rth gear ?? Well my numbers were much lower in 4rth Gear @ 349Awhp , either a extremely happy Dyno , or you have a Beast :)

· Registered
7,003 Posts
I am surprised the dyno guy didnt tell him why the curve was so jagged. If thats not a corrected copy he should of got 1 from him. I sent him a copy of my dyno run to show him how a good graft should look.

· Registered
3,353 Posts
I'm pretty sure the numbers are fine. You have a lot of mods, but the only power mods you have are intake, exhaust and tune. I did 361 on a dynomite bone stock.

The jaggies are because the dyno operator didn't smoothen it out. Nothin to worry about.

My past experience with Mustang Dyno's is that it was over 10% lower than a dynojet... but it is all in the setup of the dynos.

Dyno numbers from different sources on different days are not to be compared. What matters is that you have a baseline on this dyno. Do some more mods and go back to that dyno and you'll see gains. Go to a dynojet right now with nothing changed and your numbers will go up. That's just how it is.

· Registered
11,229 Posts
Couldn't have said any better Jack .....

Reactions: Jack_Toepfer

· Registered
3,274 Posts
My 2 cents: 12.5 A/F is too lean IMO and from experience. Usually mid to high 11's are the target. This also allows easier transition with weather changes and/or poor fuel which can both happen from time to time.

As for a mustang dyno vs a dyno jet
I had my old 91' 5.0L dyno'd on both only two days apart and the Mustang dyno it made 241 whp vs 289 whp on the dyno jet do it's quite a difference I found anyway

· Registered
11,229 Posts
I would say this is a good baseline as this Dyno is definitely a high reading Mustang Dyno , and Like I said before I've seen at least 5-6 JEEPS from CAM/HEADERS - INTAKE / TUNE average 341-361awhp On our local Mustang Dyno and all are SAE Corrected numbers . Like Matt said the reading are much lower then Dyno jet .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.