Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what does your oil pressure read? mine says 96 constant. seems high and i've never seen a car not fluctuate.

second, any way to kill the check engine light without a scanner? it's on for some reason. of course no techs at dealer this afternoon or tomorrow :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
For the CEL u can try unplugging the battery n plugging it again, it works most of thr time.

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
what does your oil pressure read? mine says 96 constant. seems high and i've never seen a car not fluctuate.

second, any way to kill the check engine light without a scanner? it's on for some reason. of course no techs at dealer this afternoon or tomorrow :mad:
I would get to dealership ASAP when they open up , clearing the CEL shouldn't be priority with your constant oil pressure anyway unhooking battery is not o easy since it is located under seat.

Good luck

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Afraid to touch the battery. On my wk1 doing so killed the key fobs.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I'd get it to the dealer and let them check it. You shouldn't have any lights on constantly.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Can the 12's do the diagnotics like the 10's could by turning the key on and off or however you did it on the 10's?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scanned it. P0520. Engine oil pressure circuit/switch. So now I have to be without my brand new jeep while they fix it. Sucks.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Shouldn't take long too fix, sounds like a bad oil pressure switch. Odds are its the same one that was on the 6.1's so replacement should be easy to get.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do you know what the function of the switch is? does it simply read the pressure? wondering if it's purely cosmetic and safe to drive. dealer seems to think so. however, that's a salesman talking :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
do you know what the function of the switch is? does it simply read the pressure? wondering if it's purely cosmetic and safe to drive. dealer seems to think so. however, that's a salesman talking :rolleyes:
My edumacated guess is that you are fin to drive it. The purpose of he switch is to tell you what the oil pressure is. So bad switch would give you code and 96lbs of pressure in the EVIC

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just to close this out. dealer replaced the oil pressure switch. they had the part on hand. no more cel and pressure reads correctly.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Yeah definitely glad shes all fixed, I am sure that was a PITA considering your beast is brand new! Also, got any pics or vids of your GTR :D?

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
I was going to say your oil pressure was probably triggering the CEL. Bringing it to the dealership was prob the best decision.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
glad to hear they fixed everything..my bosses 12 came with cel on too..his engine had a nice knock in it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts