Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A while back I curbed one of my rims pretty bad...

Right now I am sitting in my living room, about to watch the game. right in the middle of the living room is a rim with newspaper under it, and cleaned + taped off.
I am watching T.V. while filing down the rash on my rim. Getting ready to clean it, prep it, and paint it.
Debating on wether or not to use primer... I might just try to apply touch up paint right on the rim. I want to cover up the bare metal that shows where I hit the curb, and it might rust over time if I dont take care of it now.

You know you love your Jeep when your doing some touch-up paint work in your living room while watching the game! :p

·
Premium Member
16,346 Posts
I scratch my black Wrangler rims alot while 4wheeling...I always use mopar/jeep black touch up paint...works perfect.

BTW...GO RAVENSSSSSSS....35 MINUTES TILL BRADY GETS HIS ASS WHOOPIN!
When I had my black car, sharpie was where it was at.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True dedication right there, I would & have done similar things many times myself. Might want to open a window when you start painting or maybe not. LOL

Jim
:) No need for the window open. I got this! lol

LOL, that is so classic Steffan. Post some results! With you doing it, I know you will take your time it getting it to near perfect and barely noticeable.
Not this time Johnny.. I did take my time doing it but I chewed up the rim pretty bad. My little hand file helped smooth it down a bit, but its no where near perfect. Definitely less noticeable now, and it shouldnt rust. So its much better!

Im not so proud of it though. Not proud enough to take a pic of it. lol

I scratch my black Wrangler rims alot while 4wheeling...I always use mopar/jeep black touch up paint...works perfect.

BTW...GO RAVENSSSSSSS....35 MINUTES TILL BRADY GETS HIS ASS WHOOPIN!
It does work pretty well.
GO RAVENS!!!! Cant freakin wait!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.