Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Snell 2000 series helmets expired January 1, 2012 and are no longer permitted for use. This is stated for reference in the chart: NHRA Helmet Expiration Dates found on page 41 of Section 20 (General Regulations) of the 2012 NHRA Rulebook. Multiple places throughout the 2012 NHRA Rulebook the Snell SA2000 and Snell M2000 helmets are referenced. These references will be removed from the online rulebook when it is updated in the Spring of 2012. Again, as documented on page 41 of Section 20: General Regulations the Snell SA2000 and M2000 have expired and are prohibited from use.

· Registered
11,229 Posts
Helmet is the least of our worries Haha , I need a new one BTW .

3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
I need to buy one also. I used to just borrow my friends helmet but he cracked it a few months ago.

I take it we need a SA version and not just the M version for the track?

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
Thanks for the reminder Phil. I've got a G-Force and I love it.

· Registered
1,603 Posts
I need a helmet too. I remember the inspection guy at E-town said they sell cheap ones there. Not sure on brand.

3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need to buy one also. I used to just borrow my friends helmet but he cracked it a few months ago.

I take it we need a SA version and not just the M version for the track?
Correct, the SA has the fire retardant liner. M is the motorcycle helmet.

Thanks for the reminder Phil. I've got a G-Force and I love it.

No problem. I bought a Simpson Bandit a couple years ago, I love it.

· Registered
3,651 Posts
Check eBay...you can get a Bell Vortex that is a Snell2010 for $119. There aren't a lot of choices, but its a good, cheap helmet that will last you for a little while.
Most of them are $180, but if you don't care about the design, you can get one for $99.00 to $119.

· Registered
11,229 Posts
Dude my Helmet expired before I even bought my jeep lol

Reactions: petersrt8

· Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
ya, I'm looking for just a cheap one, doesn't have to be pretty. I'm only going to use it a few times a year and people will be looking at my jeep instead of my helmet anyways :D

· Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
ya, I'm looking for just a cheap one, doesn't have to be pretty. I'm only going to use it a few times a year and people will be looking at my jeep instead of my helmet anyways :D
you could always spray paint it.... :thinkerg:

· Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
I just realized I never bought a new helmet yet. Anyone know of any good sales/prices out there for a snell sa helmet?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.