Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I saw a thread on here a few weeks ago about using plasti dip as a cheap and easy way to black out the wheels. I couldnt argue with the bang for your buck aspect of it (beats paying for powder coating). Plus, you can just peel it off if you get tired of it! Here are a couple of pics I snapped from my iPhone. I had my jeep painted white so it looks real nice i think! Let me know what you guys think of it!

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
nice, pretty tempting to do it, but i think the chrome looks more classy IMO

·
Registered
965 Posts
Bro your jeep looks incredible! BOSS! Take my advice tho and get stillen headlight covers and paint them white to match your car. Great choice on color. You literally did exactly what i wanted to do to my truck always wanted it white with matte black rims AND YELLOW callipers! solid choice. Its actually pretty funny you have the 12599 muffler also i used to have that but then i upgraded to the borla, and never looked back. Anyways enjoy the truck looks awesome

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
stormtroopin! very nice sir, love the white on our jeep, only other one ive seen is the fiat owners son or something. How much the white paint job set you back?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thesrt8power- what can I say? Great minds think alike! Pretty crazy you wanted the same color combo. It is pretty rare and you dont see too many cars on the road like it... I think the cts-v comes in a "white diamond" edition or something that is white/black wheels/yellow calipers. I have been wanting to do exhaust for a while, but I think I am going to do a cam/ported intake next.

michigansrt8- paint job was around $3K i believe. i am friends with the owner so he gave me a good deal.

boychiks- thanks for the jeep love. that is a really good idea about painting the SRT white! i like it! I think i will have to give it a try and post some results later.

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
thats awesome, i think next year or year after that my jeep might get the black to white change if I ever build her up, just to get a nice change. Again man she looks great! post up some more pics later so I can have a desktop background! haha

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
STORMTROOPERED!!!!!! Looks sick!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the comments! i really wish they would offer white as a factory option. black, white and silver are some of the most common colors. i am going to try to get some better quality pictures up this weekend after a good wash and wax.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Love the stormtroop look too. I see you on your way to work occasionally on Memorial, not recently though. What shop did you use for the plastidip?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya I used to see you all the time on Memorial... Our office moved to downtown, so I am not out that way much anymore. Thanks for the comments. I picked up the plastidip from Ace Hardware, but I am pretty sure they also sell it at Lowes and Home Depot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts