Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Jet tstat in my jeep for 2 years and needed to replace it because it went bad. I ordered a Motorad hoping it would be more reliable than the jet. When I pulled the jet out I found that it was stamped MOTORAD on the side.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
haha, have you been under a rock?? :p LOL, just playing :D

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I had a Jet tstat in my jeep for 2 years and needed to replace it because it went bad. I ordered a Motorad hoping it would be more reliable than the jet. When I pulled the jet out I found that it was stamped MOTORAD on the side.
Wanna get more confused? From autozone they are $14 to $18 bucks. Not priced like below.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/JET-10183/?rtype=10

Also, the motorad (at least every one I have had), both 170 and 180 are stamped "made in Germany", not USA (enlarge the image) like in the picture here.

Go figure.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
A little more than a degree or two. Its a 195.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Good info,I didn't know they were the same.So the $15 Autozone part is the same as the $30 Summit part?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quick and maybe stupid question but, can you run these in cold weather?? And does it make a real difference if im running a almost stock GCSRT8??

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
I ran my 180 last winter with no problems, we also had lots of really cold days. My stock stat has 203 degrees stamped on it. but when I was looking for a new 180 last week, I called the dealer and they told me they only had 195 replacements.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
195 sounds better to me, unless you do a tune for thermostat then you could run the 180 i guess.....

driving mine today it barely got to the 215is mark a couple times.... its stock too

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
can somebody post the motorad part number please...can't find it in stores for some reason

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
autozone/advance auto... duralast/motorad pn is 4128..... works like a champ and is cheaper than a jet.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Thanks colt. That's what I wanted. Not spending 40 for a 15$ part. I didn't know the duralasts were the same as motorad...so three manufacturers, three part numbers but one identical item.... Hmm hah

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Thanks colt. That's what I wanted. Not spending 40 for a 15$ part. I didn't know the duralasts were the same as motorad...so three manufacturers, three part numbers but one identical item.... Hmm hah
Posted the jet # so you could cross it for the motorad. Autozone would be able to do that.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Just because motorad makes it does not mean it the same

Here I compaired the OEM, 4127 and the Jet

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15166

As you can see the jet has motorad on it

Some one throw a picture up of the 4128 to compare it to the jet I have pictured please, wonder if it the same as the 4127 just with a different temp range or if it is in fact just like the jet

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
No I appreciate it Jim. I know why you posted. Autozone couldn't figure it out with the 10183 number. Must be the weather lol

So the 4128 is the right one for 180 degrees? What's the 4127? Oem temps?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts