Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
i put my jeep in autostick mode and turned the traction control off. i got up to 4th gear with the autostick. as i came to a stop, i threw the jeep into neutral and back to drive, reactivating the regular shifting mode with D on the dash, compared to downshifting with the shifter, and i left the traction control off. now heres where the problem starts: i hit the pedal to take off and it just revs, tried again same thing, 3rd time it just took off. was i not fully in drive or do i have a problem?
Not sure what your problem was, but for future reference just hold the shifter over to the right (like you're going to up shift) for about 5-7 seconds and it will automatically go back into "D" mode. There's no need to put it in neutral to get it back into auto.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Our Jeeps are just funny like that. Welcome to the Jeep world. Next time just hold the shifter over to the right and you won't have to pop it into N. Your contacts could be dirty on the shift module. Could be a few little glitch things. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Jeep also built in a delay from N to D so that you cannot do neutral drops or RDs... not saying it was the problem, but in the event of being stuck in traffic a second or 2 can seem like 10.

For those of you who don't know how to have fun...

Neutral Drops = Revving the motor in neutral and then "dropping" it into Drive. The burst of RPMs typically leads to tire smoke and fun... and broken transmissions/transfercases/ujoints/rear ends.

RDs = Flooring it in reverse only to keep it floored through neutral and into drive. I only recommend this for cars that can't spin them from neutral drops. This also leaves really sweet burnouts that go in both directions.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
I've noticed that when I back out of my driveway and shift from R to D, if I hit the gas too soon it will slip like that. I've also broken the ears off the tranny oil pump, and sat on the side of the highway reving it in every gear like that too......feels the same.:silly:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts