Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the past couple of days I've noticed the Jeep starting a bit rougher, but nothing too terrible. Today I didn't drive it all day and went out tonight to go to the store. It started to turn over, then died, and all of the lights/computer inside rebooted. The flashing check engine light and the oil pan light came on as well as the lightning bolt (but this one then went away)

Does this sound like a battery issue(eventhough it started to turn over) or something more complicated?

· Registered
103 Posts
So over the past couple of days I've noticed the Jeep starting a bit rougher, but nothing too terrible. Today I didn't drive it all day and went out tonight to go to the store. It started to turn over, then died, and all of the lights/computer inside rebooted. The flashing check engine light and the oil pan light came on as well as the lightning bolt (but this one then went away)

Does this sound like a battery issue(eventhough it started to turn over) or something more complicated?
Look at the ignition fuse same thing happen to me

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
battery is my bet what year do you have? if it just clicks and doesnt turn over its the battery
Get someone to jump you, and if it fires up go get yourself a new batt and you'll be all good. You'll be fine for the drive.
Welp, got a jump start this morning and it ran fine. Took it to autozone and they said battery, alternator, and starter are all good..

· Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Either way it sounds like your battery is starting to go, they always seem to test good even when they are not. I would get a new one to be on the safe side.

· Registered
957 Posts
its most likely your battery. as for the MPG. the computer has been resetted it will start from 0.0 MPG. replace that battery!!! my opinion is do NOT go with the mopar battery unless you got warrenty then they'll replace it for free. but if you have to purchase one, then go with something else.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Either way it sounds like your battery is starting to go, they always seem to test good even when they are not. I would get a new one to be on the safe side.
YA it's your battery. They tested mine too, said it was good. It wasn't. Just get a new one. Should fix ya right up.
So because the jump start got it going we can rule out the ignition fuse/short?

· Premium Member
1,465 Posts
So because the jump start got it going we can rule out the ignition fuse/short?
Yeah the ignition seems to be working fine, you bypassed the battery and it started fine. If there was a short in the ignition system it would still happen with a jump. Besides shorts don't normally happen on there own, it's normally some other work that is being done and a wire gets nicked or pulled on or something like that to cause the short.

Reactions: srt8v8
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.