Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

How about this for B/S.

Would You Race a Jeep Grand Cherokee Against a Corvette? Quarter Mile Challenge... - Road Dirt

Looking at the slow ET and actual speed reached, the SRT must have started on 4 cylinders and switched to 8 cylinders half way along the quarter :).

I wrote to them and listed these two threads to give a more balanced perspective.

Top Gear drag races #7: RR SVR vs Cherokee SRT vs Cayenne Turbo | Top Gear

Thought I had duplicated and sent message to ignore last message, and what did the Trolls print, you guessed it.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
The first jeep was slayed by a 2 seater V8 sport car. This is not considered B.S. it's just physics at work. The 2nd video is against vehicles 2 times the price.... not sure I really understand that comparison. Let put a jeep against those SUVs that has the same amount of money into it.... let's say my 14 or Pass's 15 that both run 11s.... no comparison.

That is all

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first jeep was slayed by a 2 seater V8 sport car. This is not considered B.S. it's just physics at work. The 2nd video is against vehicles 2 times the price.... not sure I really understand that comparison. Let put a jeep against those SUVs that has the same amount of money into it.... let's say my 14 or Pass's 15 that both run 11s.... no comparison.

That is all
Thanks, I thought U would pick up the fairly obvious point I was making, exemplified by the TOP GEAR acceleration times, the totally incorrect and slow 1/4 mile time for the SRT, A NO BRAINER, as I said TOTAL B/S, DUH.

·
Thread Derailer
5,063 Posts
Would You Race a Jeep Grand Cherokee Against a Corvette? Quarter Mile Challenge... - Road Dirt

The idiot that wrote this must have gotten it in the Dirt Road. Is he saying the 6.4 is the same engine in the Hellcat?

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Well there's 6 minutes of my life I want back. Some tool tearing up his SRT in the dirt. I'd never be able to hook up there. The funny part is it looked like he launched harder out of his garage than on the road. After starting up with the door closed for an attempt at a little asphyxiation... ???

That looks like Manny's Jeep in the Bandi video, before he got his V-3. Here's me at Bandi, with my V-3, against two different Z06's. Slightly different outcome. LOL!

First victim

This guy wouldn't even look at me in the pits afterwards. A serious case of butthurt.

Second victim

This guy came over and talked, and was cool.

Tried to get a guy with a new ZR1 to race me one day, but he chickened out. ;) Of course I had the V-2 that day.

Not sure what this post is about, but decided to play along anyways...

wink

·
Thread Derailer
5,063 Posts
^^^ Frickin' murdered him....lol!!!! Wink, you know it's more fun when you play! I love two and three threads going on within one post or even when the original thread becomes a new one!!!

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
^^^ Frickin' murdered him....lol!!!! Wink, you know it's more fun when you play! I love two and three threads going on within one post or even when the original thread becomes a new one!!!
Sshh... Don't tell Tim, but there's a group of GTR owners that went down to RMCR one day. They asked Michael if he knew about a silver Jeep at Bandimere. He said yeah, we built it. They were calling it the GTR Killer. LOL! I only raced one of them, my buddy Bruce, but they were all out there that day and I was running faster than all but Ivan's. He was running 10.7's to my 10.8's. Bruce just got a C7 Z06, but he wouldn't race me because it wasn't broken in. He had a blown C6 that RMCR built, killed it, his son's GTR, killed it, and next his Z06 is going down... Poor Bruce... ;)

wink

·
Thread Derailer
5,063 Posts
I like the way you're thinkin' wink. Viking's trial membership is almost up now that he's Jeepless, I might have to make you my new mentor!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well there's 6 minutes of my life I want back. Some tool tearing up his SRT in the dirt. I'd never be able to hook up there. The funny part is it looked like he launched harder out of his garage than on the road. After starting up with the door closed for an attempt at a little asphyxiation... ???

That looks like Manny's Jeep in the Bandi video, before he got his V-3. Here's me at Bandi, with my V-3, against two different Z06's. Slightly different outcome. LOL!

First victim

This guy wouldn't even look at me in the pits afterwards. A serious case of butthurt.

Second victim

This guy came over and talked, and was cool.

Tried to get a guy with a new ZR1 to race me one day, but he chickened out. ;) Of course I had the V-2 that day.

Not sure what this post is about, but decided to play along anyways...

wink

Hi, need some advice on tires, which of these RU running, duraforcehd-224x300 or retreaded-mini-skid-steer-TRACK-preview tires :blueblob:?

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts