Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one

i wana ask abaut the hp im gonna have it after this mods "

( afe stage2 , kooks longe tube off raod whith off road pipe , borla cat back , jet 180 , cooler transmission and , cmr tune )

please i want your help :D

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
With a good cmr tune and cai you should make 25 hp to the wheels but as far as catback exhaust and IMO none and with the headers just a few with the mods your doing. Now with the mods you want to put on in the 1/8 & 1/4 mile some of the fastest guys in here dont have HEADERS. IMO its a lot of money that may not help unless you add more mods to take advantage of the headers. I would put STAGE 6 shocks on b4 headers.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
With a good cmr tune and cai you should make 25 hp to the wheels but as far as catback exhaust and IMO none and with the headers just a few with the mods your doing. Now with the mods you want to put on in the 1/8 & 1/4 mile some of the fastest guys in here dont have HEADERS. IMO its a lot of money that may not help unless you add more mods to take advantage of the headers. I would put STAGE 6 shocks on b4 headers.
Ok... wait a minute.. Which 9 second Jeep still uses the stock headers? I thought every one of the fastest Jeeps have aftermarket Headers..
Also all the Jeeps with record holding 1/4 mile times use headers too. Even the all motor guys! Unless of course the record is for the fastest stock Jeep 1/4 mile time. ;)

Or are you talking about the guys that ONLY have an intake and tune with headers?? In that case.. IDK but the stock headers are probably more than efficient enough for so few mods. But that doesnt mean you wont gain any HP with adding headers. Even the guys with only an intake / exhaust / tune will pick up HP when adding headers. Maybe not as much of a gain as the guys big cams and such, but still a good 10WHP gain.

IMO the guys who get headers at this level are getting them for the awesome sound they make. And the guys who are trying to go as fast as possible by spending the least amount of money... well those guys have no use for the headers because it is hard to justify spending over $1,000 on 1 mod that only gains about 10-20WHP.

EDIT:
LOL After reading what you said more carefully I realize that you were talking about the fastest Jeeps who only have an intake and tune...IMO thats all in their tunning though... Seems like the guys who are very good at tweaking their tune go faster.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Everybody on here believes that headers nor heads add HP.......
LOL I know.

There is no point in arguing with the "best bang for your buck" crowd...

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Who cares how much AWHP You will have , take it to a track and see what she runs as you my make low 300's or high 300's and runs better or worst then most . But to answer your question , with a good tune 375-380 tops .

Reactions: StangSlayerMA

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Ok... wait a minute.. Which 9 second Jeep still uses the stock headers? I thought every one of the fastest Jeeps have aftermarket Headers..
Also all the Jeeps with record holding 1/4 mile times use headers too. Even the all motor guys! Unless of course the record is for the fastest stock Jeep 1/4 mile time. ;)
Though this has already been cleared up... there are no less than (2) 1000+ hp Jeeps with stock manifolds.

Everybody on here believes that headers nor heads add HP.......
The problem isn't that they don't add HP, I think the problem (for me anyway) is that they don't see power gains like some other platforms. For example (fellow Fox body lover) My 87 5.0 picked up 100rwhp with AFR heads and a tune. That is a 5 liter motor. I'd expect similar HP increase in a larger motor... if not more. The LS guys are picking up 100+ hp with a cam swap...

The bang for buck crowd is loud on this site though... maybe they're just not seeing the "value" in heads/headers that we've come to expect from big displacement motors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.