Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Jeep SRT8 0 to 60 3.57 Vortech Supercharger Diablo Trinity Kooks Long Tube Headers 3 DMH cutouts zero to sixty 3.57 seconds 7.8 pounds boost 2007 Grand Cherokee awd 6.1 hemi daily driver inside view windows cracked open

Does anyone else ever wonder why the $300,000 supercars are in the 3 to 4 second range? It seems for the money that they would be faster than a $30k jeep with $15k of work. The only thing I can think of is they are geared for top end. I would love to here your comments.

Here is a list off ofhttp://www.zeroto60times.com/ to ten zero to sixty.

02 Lingenfelter Chevrolet Corvette 0-60 mph 1.97 Quarter mile 9.1
02 Viper Hennessey Venom 1000TT 0-60 mph 2.2 Quarter mile 9.4
06 Buggati Veyron EB16.4 0-60 mph 2.7 Quarter mile 10.7
08 Ariel Atom 500 0-60 mph 2.8
12 Nissan GT-R 0-60 mph 2.9 Quarter mile 11.1
06 Mosler MT900 S 0-60 mph 3.0 Quarter mile 10.9
06 Koenigsegg CCR 0-60 mph 3.1 Quarter mile 10.7
07 Noble M400 0-60 mph 3.2 Quarter mile 11.6
02 Ferrari Enzo 0-60 mph 3.3 Quarter mile 11.2
97 McLaren F1 0-60 mph 3.3 Quarter mile 11.5

and here is a list of the slowest.

68 Fiat 850 Idromatic 0-60 mph 25.4 Quarter mile 23.0
73 VW Super Beetle Convertible 0-60 mph 23.7 Quarter mile 22.2
74 Datsun B210 Coupe 0-60 mph 22.5 Quarter mile 24.5
79 Volkswagen Rabbit (Diesel) 0-60 mph 21.2 Quarter mile 21.9
81 Cadillac Seville (Diesel) 0-60 mph 20.9
80 Audi 5000S Diesel 0-60 mph 20.3 Quarter mile 21.6
81 Audi 5000S Diesel 0-60 mph 20.4
68 Fiat 850 Spider 0-60 mph 19.9 Quarter mile 21.4
64 Austin-Healey 3000 MK II 0-60 mph 19.8
72 Fiat Wagon 0-60 mph 19.0 Quarter mile 21.2

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Nice .. I was actually curious what everyone else was at using the trinity , Here's one of mine the only time i actually hooked on the street after warming the tires , Was 88*Degrees .

Reactions: 5000XD and SRT8MPG

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! That is awesome. Tell me about your upgrades. I currently have 656 hp flywheel. The only thing I am not sure of is that the dyno was performed with the front driveshaft removed. I have always been curious if a 4 wheel dyno would show a higher or lower number.
I have run a 1/8 @ 7.76 93.5mph. That was before some exhaust upgrades.
One other thing is everyone told me I would lose bottom end hp with the cutouts open. I have not experienced that. I need to make a run open and then closed to find out. The cutouts are behind the cats. Have you run the 1/4 with it? Unless I stop on the interstate and take off, I have no piece of straight road where I can find out.:)

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
I haven't tried my Trinity yet believe it or not. My datalogs showed 2.6-2.8 on race tune and gas and the one time I ran it on low boost I did a 3.0 on my datalogs. Hmmm..... maybe I'll try out my Trinity tonight now that a touch of cooler weather has hit Florida. Mmmmmm... mid 60's FTW!!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
First off bad ass time!

Second off let me educate you on supercars. There is no such thing as a $300k supercar. You are thinking exotics.

It works like this, there are sports cars, exotics, and then supercars. Here are some examples:

Sports Cars: All Corvettes, Nissan GTR, Porsche 997TT, 997 GT2RS, etc.
Exotics: Gallardo, Viper, Murcielago, 599, 458, 430, Aston Martins, SLS, etc.
Supercars: Zonda, Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Carrera GT, SLR, GT1 road cars such as 911GT1, CLKGTR..Enzo, F40, F50, etc.

Super cars are often not the fastest around a track. What makes them "super cars" is a combination of factors. Namely, uber low production, exotic materials throughout, impractical, not based on a lesser model, minimum $400k purchase price, exotic proportions such as very low roofline and very wide. That is what a supercar is.

Exotics are cars that are often faster than there more expensive bespoke big brothers. They are not based on lesser cars unless that lesser car is also an exotic such as with the Ferrari 599 and 599GTO, both exotics. They are rare sites to see, have low production numbers, and dramatic styling. The GTR is almost an exotic but is not because of the design department. It's too big, bulky, and blocky to be classified an exotic.

Lastly you have sports cars. These are all over the range. The Porsche 911 variants are arguably the best all around sports car money can buy. They are not exotics because there are so damn many of them everywhere.

Hypercars...that is a word made up by some child with a big imagination. That term and the overuse of "supercar" is a product of internet hype. Call something a "supercar", people get excited and read the article.

To answer your overall question, what makes a supercar super is not necessarily its performance. It's the construction and street appeal of one. It's the bespoke components that define them. Anyone who has ever seen a F40 or F50 on the road knows what I am talking about. Their road presence is second to none.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Thanks! That is awesome. Tell me about your upgrades. I currently have 656 hp flywheel. The only thing I am not sure of is that the dyno was performed with the front driveshaft removed. I have always been curious if a 4 wheel dyno would show a higher or lower number.
I have run a 1/8 @ 7.76 93.5mph. That was before some exhaust upgrades.
One other thing is everyone told me I would lose bottom end hp with the cutouts open. I have not experienced that. I need to make a run open and then closed to find out. The cutouts are behind the cats. Have you run the 1/4 with it? Unless I stop on the interstate and take off, I have no piece of straight road where I can find out.:)

That 1/8 mile has to be off by a lot .. with the mods and boost you should be 7.3's -7.4's all day long . B Never ran 1/4 but did run at the track many times .

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Reactions: SRT8MPG

·
Registered
857 Posts
Wow this thing is a beast literally lol nice

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Holy shit I think I need a vortech.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
I haven't tried my Trinity yet believe it or not. My datalogs showed 2.6-2.8 on race tune and gas and the one time I ran it on low boost I did a 3.0 on my datalogs. Hmmm..... maybe I'll try out my Trinity tonight now that a touch of cooler weather has hit Florida. Mmmmmm... mid 60's FTW!!
Post up a rip on your beast , curious to see what it does on street tune and boost ..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That 1/8 mile has to be off by a lot .. with the mods and boost you should be 7.3's -7.4's all day long . B Never ran 1/4 but did run at the track many times .
You are absolutely right. When I did the 1/8th test I had a car load of people. So, I am sure your numbers are more correct. I need to redo the test and maybe take a little junk out of the trunk. I've been told that every 100 lbs of weight takes away 10hp.
With any luck I am going to try to make it to the flash light drags tomorrow in Waynesburg, PA. http://www.flashlightdrags.com

When you guys run these test do you power brake it or just take off. I don't know whether spinning a little helps achieve rpm's quicker or is spinning just wasting momentum.
Thank you to everyone for the kind words.

Also, I really enjoyed a-kon's supercar breakdown. Very informative.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Yeahhhh riggghhhttttt! You sure you don't have the 2 and the 6 backwards?

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Cool little vid...beast sounds awesome man...is that a red steering wheel you have?

I need a trinity.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picture of Red and Gray Wheelskins.com steering wheel SRT8 JEEP

Cool little vid...beast sounds awesome man...is that a red steering wheel you have?

I need a trinity.
I have a bullydog triple dog tuner that I am not using. It was not compatible with the vortech.

And yes the steering wheel is red with grey sides. It came from http://www.wheelskins.com/
wheelskins.com I love it! It is real leather that you "stitch" on. It took about 2 hours to put on. The good thing about that is it closes tight against itself where it touches as apposed to the ones that have a gap where your fingers touch when you wrap your hands around it. I couldn't be more happy with the product. My factory steering wheel was showing some wear. Wheelskins.com has all kinds of different styles and colors. Mine is euro style two tone non-perferated. Here is a picture. I ran out to the garage to take it just for you. Doesn't that make you feel special:)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
This in dash timer is supposed to he very accurate. When comparing it to the track timers I have found it to be within .1 and 1 Mph of the 1/4 mile run. Not sure how accuarate the Trinity is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Diablo Trinity race timer accuracy?

On one hand I feel it would be very accurate because it is linked directly to the computer with a constant connection. On the other hand, it gives you two options when performing the tests.
1. motion start
2. drag tree
I can see the numbers being off if the motion sensor has a delayed reaction.

The website says "able to be accurate", "may not be accurate", "fun to see".

Here it is from the horse's mouth. I copied this directtly from the diablo trinity website.

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=192
Using parameters such as vehicle speed, peak torque, wheel speed and others, the Trinity is able to accurately compute quarter mile, 1/8 mile or 0-60 and 0-100 time trials. Keep in mind that these numbers may or may not be accurate depending on variables, but they sure are fun to see! The Trinity's virtual tree allows users to choose to either monitor their reaction time (like the real world) or have the tree start when they press the gas from a stop. There are advantages to both! If you are using reaction time, you will gain experience for the track when launching off the line while the motion start will show you the time less human error. It's your choice as to which you prefer!

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Awesome thread. I have hit 3.4 with just a little 426ci in there. I can't wait to see what the thing does with my next build :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts