Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
I’m going to give the mechanic the benefit of the doubt. Some of the 05 to 2010 Jeep grand Cherokee‘s had an issue with that particular part and it required reprogramming. If it’s not that, then it’s the transfer case.

At this point it’s worth a shot. It makes a little bit of sense to me because whatever is telling the transfer case motor how much to turn and engage the clutch is for the front is not working and it is fully engaging in the clutch pack Inside the transfer case.

Don’t you find it odd that you are the only one having problems??? It’s every other problem, not the guy you had rebuild it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Just had a rebuilt transfer case installed, when the mechanic hooked everything up he hears the module engage on the side of the transfer case and it’s locking the jeep into full time four-wheel-drive, any kind of turning causes binding. If he unplugs it it runs fine obviously in 2 wheel drive. I know when transfer case is a rebuilt if one of the plates that hold the first clutch on or not positioned correctly the transfer case stays in four-wheel-drive. This does not do that. Something is not letting it go from the 10% to 70% front wheel engagement . Has anybody had this issue What could it be? The transfer case module or is there something that controls that as well?
So did you ever figure out what the problem was? I am having the same issue, brand new transfer case, well rebuilt new. The mechanic steaks his reputation on that transfer case rebuild. It’s not the transfer case motor I’ve tried two different ones and one was a new one. I’ve narrowed it down to the new final drive module. It needs to be reprogrammed.
Did you ever figure it out ?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts