Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Jeep logo removed from back

6K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  ChrisWK 
#1 · (Edited)
Well finally got the piece back from the body shop. They said it was a complete nightmare and they had to do the piece many times over before it came out right. They shaved, filled and paint matched the piece. Very happy with the outcome and the truck looks awesome. Now debating if I should remove the SRT8 badge, get the black one used on the 300, or just keep as is. Also cannot decide if should do the grille inserts black or leave. Kinda of digging the rest of the chrome on the car. First car with chrome and liking the little touches of class within the beast.......or getting older.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
^^^ Agreed looks great!

#4 ·
Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#7 ·
Thanks everyone. Looks even better in person. I am leaning towards the black SRT8 logo, but will then need to get rid of the license plate frame.

I am located in Boca Raton. A little too far from Jacksonville otherwise I would of already come to your shop. I am itching and will be doing custom CAI and exhaust soon. I do have a good custom shop down here I use who will build me something nice.

#13 ·
Cool, that's not too far away. I was just down in Hollywood for a week. There are a few jeep guys down in your area.

#10 ·
Looks good. I'd be curious to see what the SRT from the SRT-10 badges would look like on the WK2s. With yours, I think it would work well replacing the SRT8 badge or just remove the SRT8 badge and put SRT where Jeep used to be.

Posts 22 and 24 in this thread has pictures of what I'm talking about.
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30001

#11 ·
Looks awesome! I think the 300 badge would be a nice touch too. Not a big fan of the chrome in the grill. I think I'd black that out somehow too. Either way you've got a sweet ride there!

#14 ·
So the chrome piece was removed to finish and paint? What about the glass hatch button? Was that painted on the truck?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#18 ·
All parts were painted off the car. We ended up ordering the chrome piece which came with the housing it sits on. The part was $200. I could not afford to lose my car and figured a rental would cost me anyway. If anyone is doing the same and wants to buy my original piece I will be selling it.

I ordered the black srt8 emblem today and will lose the license plate frame.

I am originally from Canada so Boca is the south to me:)

Thanks for the input.

#19 ·
Got a picture of your spare piece?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#22 ·
Cool, thanks for the pics. Answers my questions about it easily. Maybe I can find a shop to tackle the project then I'll get back to you. I'd prefer to do it the same way. Just drop the piece off and swap them out when they are done.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#23 ·
Can you tell me the details of what they did to smooth and fill that piece before painting. I've been talking with some custom shops a d they aren't sure how well it'll turn out being plastic. Do you know what products they used?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#24 · (Edited)
I don't know exactly but will find out for you. All I know is they cursed me because they said it was very difficult. I waited a week for it because they said they had to redo it 4 times. They are a top notch body shop so not surprised if you have difficulties getting it done. I did ask them if they wanted me to refer customers for this and they said no thanks. I am leaving on a cruise today so will only be able to get you the info the week after next. I would recommend getting the part so you don't lose your car if they run into any difficulties. I will probably list my old one for sale when I get back if you or anyone interested.

This was sitting at the body shop being worked on. Car had a booboo before it even got delivered. That car looks sick...white with black matte roof.

Attachments

#25 ·
Cool, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.