Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be picking up my jeep this evening from Joe after my top end package has been finished off. It has taken some time to get it all complete but it is worth it for the knowledge and expertise of Joe. Joe is a man of his word and always met his promise.

Here is a run down of what was done on my jeep:

-Ported heads with upgraded springs & pushrods
-Ported intake manifold matched to 90mm throttle body
-Custom Cam
-Underdrive pulley
-Mopar TCM
-New oem waterpump and lifters
-SRT stage 1 injectors (not really needed but got them for a good price so I upgraded now for down the road)

Still using my american racing 1 3/4 headers and mopar cai. Plan to add a stage6 ram air intake for track duty and a new convertor to take full advantage of the new cam.

Joel is taking care of the tuning and hope to get the now finished package dialed in within the next 2 weeks so I can let this beast rip at the track. I'm not sure what numbers I will pull but I do know my mph will go up as this beast rips up top. After putting 5k miles on the set up without the intake and throttle body I do know I NEED the convertor to take full advantage of this set up. I may eat these words but I feel confident that when the new convertor is in and the weather cools some I have a jeep capable of high 11's.

Atco will be fun! :D

Adding in my vid of idle....don't mind the commentary. Skip to 1:52 to hear cam lope

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Congrats, can't wait to see some pictures and videos!!!

·
Premium Lurker
4,232 Posts
Congrats Dave! I didn't even realize you were having some extra work done after LPM finished your build a little while back. Looking forward to seeing what kind of track times you're able to hit!

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats Dave! I didn't even realize you were having some extra work done after LPM finished your build a little while back. Looking forward to seeing what kind of track times you're able to hit!
Thanks Brian.

Well it is not really extra work but just finishing up the original build. I needed my jeep for my vacation to Michigan and Joey did an outstanding job of getting it together for my trip. Just had to finish up the port work on the intake and machining for 90mm throttle body.

Hadn't hit the track yet since I wanted the build to be complete but now the complete comes with an asterisk since I will be adding a convertor soon once I get some trans logs together to build the unit.

·
Premium Lurker
4,232 Posts
Thanks Brian.

Well it is not really extra work but just finishing up the original build. I needed my jeep for my vacation to Michigan and Joey did an outstanding job of getting it together for my trip. Just had to finish up the port work on the intake and machining for 90mm throttle body.

Hadn't hit the track yet since I wanted the build to be complete but now the complete comes with an asterisk since I will be adding a convertor soon once I get some trans logs together to build the unit.
Gotcha Dave. ;) Are you heading up to VMP in October, as well as Atco?

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotcha Dave. ;) Are you heading up to VMP in October, as well as Atco?
I would love to make it to VMP also but I don't know if work will give me the time off to make both. I haven't been able to hang with my jeep brothers for a long time so I'm itching to get to an event.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Congrats Dave, sounds like a great package you added to the jeep. I definitely think it will be capable of high 11's in good weather and with the right tune!

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Sounds bad A$$ dave. Glad you could use my injectors. Finally get my car back from the body shop tomorrow so maybe we can meet up once I get my new 80s logged for a revised tune. You should be good for Atco.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats Dave, sounds like a great package you added to the jeep. I definitely think it will be capable of high 11's in good weather and with the right tune!
Thanks. I'm hoping to match HB's N/A time from atco last year but with full interior. I believe Mondo was able to do that. Then the gloves come off and we are shooting to better the time set by Mondo last fall. It will be a tough task though as he set the bar high.

Sounds bad A$$ dave. Glad you could use my injectors. Finally get my car back from the body shop tomorrow so maybe we can meet up once I get my new 80s logged for a revised tune. You should be good for Atco.
Thanks Kent. I'd be happy to meet up and talk shop. Glad to hear your jeep is on the mend and will be back in your possession soon.

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Dave, your jeep sounds AWESOME!

I like what you decided to go with and I know you are pretty happy with it. Looking forward to seeing some 11 time slips :D

·
Registered
857 Posts
This thing is fierce love the cam !

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Nicely done Dave, love sound of your cam. Looking forward to some track times once Joel gets her all dialed in.

Jim

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
I went and saw your Jeep today. Your heads look purdy! I got to see a little of the port work. Looks sexy!!:rocker:

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
I thought you had your jeep already Dave ?

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dave, your jeep sounds AWESOME!

I like what you decided to go with and I know you are pretty happy with it. Looking forward to seeing some 11 time slips :D
Thanks, I love the sound of this cam. I'm happy with the package I chose.

This thing is fierce love the cam !
Thanks.

Nicely done Dave, love sound of your cam. Looking forward to some track times once Joel gets her all dialed in.

Jim
Thank you. I'm itching to get it dialed in with Joel and then hit the track.

I went and saw your Jeep today. Your heads look purdy! I got to see a little of the port work. Looks sexy!!:rocker:
You looking down my holes boy?!?! hahahahaha

I thought you had your jeep already Dave ?
I did, put 5k miles on it since I got it back the first time but had to take it back in to finish up the port work and machining on the intake for the 90mm throttle body.

Will probably be back in soon enough for a convertor. :D

Man watching you really makes me miss my Jeep!!
That cam sounds nasty!! Joey and Chris do nice work!
Thanks Junior. For just a 6.1 heads/cam combo it sounds good and rips up top. LPM does great work!

Nice Dave! Looking forward to seeing those 11's man! Hope im there at Atco to see it.
I'm looking forward to those 11's too my friend. Like I said already you set the bar high last fall.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Got ya Dave , Can't wait to see you at Atco bro

·
Registered
242 Posts
Dave, I was talking to Harrison and Chris and as a favor to you we will come down and pick it up and check everyything out for a week or twelve, and then we will post on the forum what results we have.

We thought that if the three of us posted the results it would mean more to the forum members than if the Jeep owner himself posted it. We would be willing as friends to do that for you.

Congratulations on the build. You should be happy with their results.

O' yea. Naturally you can imagine this was Harrison's idea. Chris and I were going along for the ride so to speak.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts