Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 108k of mud, dirt, snow, salt and grim I decided to clean the engine compartment. I only spent an hr or so but it was nasty. I was also tired of going to car shows and having people ask me to open the hood and saying wow that's nasty lol. While I was out there I installed new hood and tail gate struts since all 3 where bad. Then I added a catch can and new PCV. I have my buddy with a lift installing OBX headers and a revised tune coming from DCX. Can't wait to see what people say at shows now :)

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
WOW!!! 108000 miles.... That looks awesome!

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
wow 108k!!! how is it running? anything major going wrong? i just hit 85,000.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx guys. I try to take care of her.

the best I've run was 12.71 @ 108 with a dcx tune, 4" bwoody and muffler replaced with 2 slp tubes at 90-100k miles, so yeah running good lol still.

yeah just got done cleaning it there then did a catch can after it dried off. once my headers are done "i hope today" i'll get new pics.

i also did the carbon fiber rear srt logo, carbon wrapped rear step and removed the jeep emblem from the gate. I still have to do the hood.

Up next I have new gaskets for the intake and TB so I can remove and clean inside and ngk iridium plugs

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Why do you all make 100k seams like is the end of the world for the JEEP ? Its just starting to break in imo

·
Registered
418 Posts
yeah this has to be one of the few i have seen with high mileage...keep on rolling man, use it what is made for :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Looks great man. Congrats on over 100k and still loving that beast!

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Looks good...thanks for not posting those before pics ;).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Would you guys ever consider buying a jeep srt8 with 100K miles? I recently saw one that was very clean with hwy miles for a good price but im a little skeptical ? What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Looks great man! Amazing what a little engine cleaning can do. I've got 91K on mine and it looks better than new. Nice job!:rocker:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts