Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

541 - 560 of 592 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Don't let the "Negative Nancys" scare you from the site. Viking rides everyone's balls, and everyone's build sucks, and if it isn't what he would do it's wrong... :)

He is really easy to ignore ya know. And once you ignore his nutt-swingers the site will be much more pleasant for you.

I don't ignore anyone on the site... can't ignore people in real life, but you can take their opinion with a grain of salt, and let them be. Don't take it personally. Easy to pick on him specifically because he knows he is a shit disturber, but also is a valuable contributor to the site and the community.

Please keep us posted on progress, this is the only Jeep site I follow, and I'm not in Facebook.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Please keep us posted on progress, this is the only Jeep site I follow, and I'm not in Facebook.
Same here!

Also, I'll say this for Viking. When ever I post a problem I'm having he is almost always 1st, and sometime the only one to respond. Props to Jrfa in this dept. too!

@IvoidWarrenties, do you have the same setup as Pete Ostman drivetrain-wise?

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Kevin:

I've enjoyed reading this thread. I like your writing style. I also admire your work ethic. Please keep us updated.

Reactions: Ivoidwarranties

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
I will say this, they were a few members on this forum when I started out that I just couldn't tolerate(bad attitudes, condescending etc) and I said to myself, if I ever saw them in person, I would tell them exactly how I felt, and give them a piece of my mind. I have met these same members in person throughout the years and at the racetrack and I didn't even know that I was talking to the same person(night and day difference), even after talking to them for up to an hour. When they informed me of who they were on this forum, and of their actual screen name, I laughed for about 5 minutes straight, and I have learned not to take this forum too seriously. It gets boring at times and they really kinda spice it up LOL These same members have helped me out of several tight situations, and they are my friends for life, even though some have moved on. If you were to meet Viking in person, you would never know who he was, unless he told you, because he is usually busy under someones Jeep getting them out of a tight situation, giving critical and useful advise, or sharing a $#!Tload of donuts and drinks with people he doesn't even [email protected] know. I have thoroughly enjoyed and learned a lot from this thread and Kevin is good peoples and I hope that nothing discourages him from making the useful contributions that he has to the Jeep community.

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Anyone that has doughnuts to share is a friend of mine :)

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
You're all a bunch of losers. I have no idea why I spend my work hours with you.

Reactions: mondo and madcoder

·
BlaBlaBla
5,272 Posts
eskle can be so cruel. Viking is a softie ever since he found out he's getting a Special K delivery.

Any day now! Maybe now. He's been quiet today.
Call em like I see em George. I don't know how you put up with him!

Reactions: Passmg2

·
LAUNCH
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #550 · (Edited)
Don't be mistaken, I'm pretty hard headed and I have no feelings. My frustration is when there's a group of 7 Jeep SRT8's out in town and I join them as number 8 and I'm the only one on this site because they hate it so much.

If you're not on the facebook, then you're missing out of a half dozen groups that are nothing but Jeep SRT8s with thousands of members.

I've also learned that for every one car guy on the internet, there is no less than ten more off the internet. Meaning, if you see there is an 800hp car posted on the internet, there are at least ten more that have not been posted. I learned this by visiting most of the Hemi specific shops but it carries through to all other cars as well.

Thanks for the Update Kevin…Good to know that everything is going well with you:smile2: You are probably about the 4th person that I know that have upgraded their Conqueror to the Super Pro…The Conqueror no longer flies off the shelf like it used to :surprise:…The people with decent builds seem to all favor the Super Pro, and when the time comes I will probably be going in that same direction as I don't like to do the same job twice. When will you be running your Jeep down the track to see what its actual 1/4 mile times are like?
I have been told that the Superpro outsells the Conqueror 10-20 to 1 now. Track is to be determined. There is finally a 1/4 mile track being built an hour and a half away from here that may be done by this summer. I currently do not have the right tires that will get a good time so I may be switching those out.

@IvoidWarrenties, do you have the same setup as Pete Ostman drivetrain-wise?
That is based off the big gas truck block and is about 392 or 396 cubic inches. Mine is 6.1L based stroked to 405 cubic inches. That transmission is a prototype with a lot of bells and whistles. Mine is a standard Sportpro. He has a 9 inch rearend now, where mine is stock with a wavetrac and DSS axles. He has ported big gas heads and mine are Thiteks. That one is running a hellcat lower pulley and 2.5" upper. My lower pulley is smaller and upper pulley is bigger. I'm running half the boost the Grouch is.

·
LAUNCH
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #551 · (Edited)
I added some spice to my lights.

I found an Eject button I'm pretty proud of.

Here's the Mustang I've been working on over the winter. Dad bought it new in 1987.

I added a driveshaft safety loop from Stage 6.

I also picked up some 5 inch Thermal Research tips.

Took me forever but I finally have them color matched to my wheels.

I have not installed the tips yet.

Also recently swapped the transmission valve body in my dad's 300 for a Paramount Stage II. And then pulled his stock torque convertor out and put my stock Jeep SRT8 torque convertor in. It's a couple hundred rpm higher stall. Everything works like a champ.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
WTF I want an eject button!!!

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Love the light Job, very nice. Those old mustangs are the Bomb! The underside of your Jeep is so clean….I don't know how you manage to keep it that clean :grin2: How do you like the Driveshaft Loop in terms of drivability…Any Vibrations or weird noises?

·
LAUNCH
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #555 ·
Love the light Job, very nice. Those old mustangs are the Bomb! The underside of your Jeep is so clean….I don't know how you manage to keep it that clean :grin2: How do you like the Driveshaft Loop in terms of drivability…Any Vibrations or weird noises?
Thanks. Zero issues with the driveshaft loop but to be honest I only put a couple hundred miles on it since installing it.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
That's pretty funny but you know what? if it did comeback that something was wrong at least we stand behind our work and make it right.
Our customers are free to post whatever they like.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=775776009250954&id=592596680902222

So a birdy sent me this. Why was this sent to MM.. warranty work?

.....Did it blow? :)

Edit - my prediction was right. Not even close to 800 WHP

Edit 2 - I hope whatever issues you had are behind you and you share your experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's pretty funny but you know what? if it did comeback that something was wrong at least we stand behind our work.

·
Registered
7,778 Posts
I'm glad everything worked out...

FYI- I have some big nuts and they apparently work too. There must be some silver back apes that swing from them. Harambe would be proud. If I hurt anyone's feelings... deal with it.

Everyone knows I like to stir the pot and get people talking on this forum :)

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
The wheels look amazing. Is that black chrome?

541 - 560 of 592 Posts