Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Time to trade the SRT8 in, however this time looks like ill be picking up a 2012 Overland Jeep.

I need some input if any you guys can give me as far as what you guys got for your SRT8 if its close to my miles. (99K) year (2008) and is well taken care of as all yours are.

Any ups or downs to the 2012?? the one I have picekd out is very good looking..

The 2012 has a 5.7 with 6 speed so I'm hoping it will bet my 14.2 mpg.

Ill sure miss the SRT but I wont miss that 3K rpm at 80 mph..

I'm buying from Sate-Line Jeep, they seem to be good. We'll see...

Sean

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wow 100k have you have many problems with it? I plan in keeping mine for a while hope it treats me good. I've notice with the new jeeps people are getting masive amounts of rock chips on bottom parts of their doors so either clear bra it up right there or get mudflaps or both

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
You will probably get just over 20,000 for trade-in or just over 22,000 private party. I am very familiar with that dealership, they charge srt-mastertech prices for regular jeep techs to do any work on your srt vehicle. I looked around their lot at all the new jeeps srt's and regular jeeps and looks like I will be fixing mine up and keeping it for a long time!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Get the v6 one to get better mpg.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow 100k have you have many problems with it? I plan in keeping mine for a while hope it treats me good. I've notice with the new jeeps people are getting masive amounts of rock chips on bottom parts of their doors so either clear bra it up right there or get mudflaps or both
I got the Jeep with 22k and drove every mile till 99k, as for problems go nothing major but a rear end under warranty at 35K

The biggest thing as you all know is all the fluid changes TC and so on.

I've also ran a CMR tune and T stat for every mile too.

How much are you willing to sell your SRT8 for? I know you said trade in but why not try and sell it instead, that way it'll go to a good home and you may even get better money than the dealer will offer!
I'm going to post it later when I get a chance, right now it will list is 24,000.00

What he said. You will enjoy the interior and the air-ride is fun to screw around with.
Thanks I'll let you guys know how things go, so far State Line was a JOKE. :fight:

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
My Sister has a white 2012 Limited 5.7 Hemi loaded and it's an awesome Jeep!

My Father in law also has a Silver 2011 Limited 5.7 Hemi loaded and is also awesome!

If you got the coin go for the 2012 SRT8 !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
My wife has the 2011 JGC Overland Summitt 4x4 5.7 and it is a really nice vehicle. Much more refined than my 2010 SRT8, loaded with features like adaptive cruise, crash protection, etc. Originally we were going to trade the 2011 for the 2012 SRT8 and decided against due to taking too much of a hit on the 2011 and the price point for SRT being too high. So I purchased the 2010 SRT instead but will probably be looking in 2013 or 2014 for the SRT8. I'm disappointed in the overall quality of the 2010 and feel that Jeep did a poor job of upgrading the vehicle from its inception in 2006.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just an fyi when i had 80k i was told 16-17k in trade in at a couple different dealers. so i kept it now have 113k and still going no issues other then the rad fan i replaced.
Thanks that's around what they offered me so I walked.

Just a side noted it's been rainy and foggy in Charlotte so I held off on pics till this morning.

Today's weather is the same so I went and snapped some pictures and will post the we I get into the office.

Thanks Sean

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Traded in my 07srt for a 10srt and got 25k, immaculate condition w/ 62k.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.