Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from my friend at the dealer. Its here! I have been waiting since I ordered it in JUNE! It was not prepped. I sat in it's started it, and played with the sterio. I am picking it up tonight. Then it is mine! There will be one SRT8 in Fond du Lac WI.

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Don't let them detail it please!!!!!

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Congrats, can't wait to see some pics! :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wholly $#:+ this thing is amazing! I will rave more about it this afternoon after another drive.....stay tuned...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This Jeep is amazing. First of all, it is much bigger than the WK1. I like that feel. It has the big truck feel, yet you can kick the $#;+ our of anything.
I bought this with 7 miles on it so I am kinda taking it easy on the engine till it starts breaking in a little. The engine was a little quieter than I expected. I was used to the WK1 with a CAI installed, and that made it snort a little bit more. I have not had the chance to open this thing up yet to hear it really groan.
The ride on this is soft when you want it and rough when you need it. In auto mode, this thing corners on rails, but rides soft on cracks and bumps. Switch to track and you get a more rough ride than the WK1 and it still corners on rails. I took a 90 degree turn off of a highway at about 50 mph in track mode and the thing just grabbs. It had minimal slip and minimal role. As I was doing this I was watching the G-force readings on all 4 sides of the Jeep. How fun is that!
The inside of this thing rivals any luxury car I have been in. For Jeep/Chrysler, it is primo top notch. I have never seen a chrysler product as supple as this one. It is as comfortable and possibly even better than The Rover sport supercharged thay my brother and dad have. At night the interior is all lit up nice with the traditional green lights in every needed nook and cranny of the jeep. The door handles are lit up as well as the storage compartments in the doors. The remote start knows that it should turn on my heated seats and heated wheel when its cold out making my entry all toasty and warm. I back out and the mirrors tilt down. The air conditioned seats are awesome too. That will be nice on a hot day.

I got the upgraded sterio on here is crazy loud for factory setup. I had to put a 1000 watt 10 inch woofer in my WK1. This unit sounds even better. The mirrors vibrate and the base thumps. It is also crystal clear on high pitch. No additional tweaking needed to this system.
I was expecting the engine to be a little louded than what it is. Granted, I am not flooring this thing yet, but it purrs super smooth. I had a CAI installed on my WK1 which made it sound a little louder. I am just used to that. As far as Eco mode, I have no issues with it. I am still babying it yet, but I don't see any issues with eco mode when it turns on. When on the highway, the engine rpms drop a pinch when ECO turns on. But if you squeeze the throttle a bit it turns off. I am not sure what the complaints are because the transitions are flawless. I don't mind it running in ECO when I am not running it hard.
Overall, I guess I can say that when you want to go sport, turn the knob. When you want luxury and smooth, leave it in auto.

Good job Jeep people! I am glad I own this!

I didn't edit this for spelling and grammar. Sorry. This is the third time I typed this thanks to computer problems.

Reactions: CLStech

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Awesome! Does anyone know who makes this premium stereo in the jeep? What OEM or brand are the speakers?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Awesome! Does anyone know who makes this premium stereo in the jeep? What OEM or brand are the speakers?

I believe it's Harmon Kardon. (the receiver at least, don't know about the speakers).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Excellent review! I appreciate input from an actual owner of a 2012. I dont understand those who take a 20 minute test drive and denounce the vehicle for the most part, because it is beyond their financial means. Anyway, great job and enjoy.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Excellent review! I appreciate input from an actual owner of a 2012. I dont understand those who take a 20 minute test drive and denounce the vehicle for the most part, because it is beyond their financial means. Anyway, great job and enjoy.
Can we put the swords away please?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Reactions: CLStech

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I'm getting so sick of 5 post jack offs that come on here and make smart ass comments.

Borla S
Volant CAI
BT Can
Eibach
Half-debadged

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Can we put the swords away please?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Agreed 100% ^^^^^^ The vast majority of us on here would have no problem "affording" one (look at everyone who has spent 10k,20k,30k ect on builds) IMO it is the fact that performance is equal, when it should have been better & all that extra cost is just for a nicer wrapper. A nicer wrapper is nice for show but if you want to have some real fun the girls from the other side of the tracks are the better choice.

Jim

·
Registered
740 Posts
I believe it's Harmon Kardon. (the receiver at least, don't know about the speakers).
The amplifier and speakers are indeed Harmon Kardon... it is the reciever that may not be I beleive. It is a nice setup regardless.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The thing I don't like about the stereo system are the speaker grills.....wow, are they cheap.....A friend of mine bumped his knee on one of them recently getting out of the car and has already scratched the plastic. :(

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Dude, you are just a straight up ****ing douch bag. Please find another forum to go to. Nobody likes you here.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The thing I don't like about the stereo system are the speaker grills.....wow, are they cheap.....A friend of mine bumped his knee on one of them recently getting out of the car and has already scratched the plastic. :(
See that would drive me insane. You should look to a shop to fab you something better maybe?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

1 - 20 of 23 Posts