Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna mount my IPad on my dash somewhere........anyone ever done it?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I've seen some cool custom iPad integrations on larger dashes, like a truck, but the iPad takes up almost all of the dash space in the jeep. I've held mine up to the dash trying to figure something out but it's too big. If you could relocate all the controls on the center panel with the climate control knobs etc... You could fab an iPad into that space neatly. Or replace the stock Nav unit and integrate the iPad in. I'm curious what ideas are out there for this.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contacted a local shop about fabricating an arm to come from beneath the passenger dash. I want it to be tasteful but the idea of iPod usage, video, bigger more advanced nav, and music video is just way to interesting.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is always an option........

ImageUploadedByAutoguide1316868218.371235.jpg

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In all seriousness though........

I wonder if this one would work as it attaches to the seat rail.

ImageUploadedByAutoguide1316868369.565948.jpg

·
Registered
339 Posts
how about the fact that he says... its much safer than in car driver distraction but he never mentions the fact that you cannot see neither the speedo or dash.... hmmmm

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
how about the fact that he says... its much safer than in car driver distraction but he never mentions the fact that you cannot see neither the speedo or dash.... hmmmm
That's when you use the "Steering Wheel Mount" app. It allows the camera to display the blocked instrument panel as an overlay in other apps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts