Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Awesome man great job editing and filming I appreciate it.:D

Reactions: SrtBrad

1,038 Posts
You're welcome and thanks for the contribution.
I think since these guys have seen you work we can get more of a contribution next time. It's always nice being able to see your runs.;)

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Like I said before. Donations are always good and was not expecting much for the first time out with you guys. I'm just happy you guys got what you wanted on camera. However it is nice to have basic expenses covered. Day footage is much cleaner video but you get to tell who knows what they are doing with the night footage.
Nice footage man! Finally got a chance to see my boy Jim run his beast! What camera did you use to shot the footage?

Reactions: SrtBrad

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice footage man! Finally got a chance to see my boy Jim run his beast! What camera did you use to shot the footage?
Thanks for the compliments. I have 3 Sony HDR FX1 HD cameras. I use the cameras on full manual setting only auto focus. Mostly I use 1 camera but for full production world record runs I will use a 3 identical camera shot.

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. I have 3 Sony HDR FX1 HD cameras. I use the cameras on full manual setting only auto focus. Mostly I use 1 camera but for full production world record runs I will use a 3 identical camera shot.
Anytime brother! Good stuff man!

· Registered
11,229 Posts
Hey Brad Great videos man , better yet I got to see how Old Jim really is hahahahah

Reactions: MEANSRT

· Registered
7,003 Posts
Hey Brad Great videos man , better yet I got to see how Old Jim really is hahahahah
LOL well i hope you enjoyed them as that just might of been my last race. I still love the challenge but at 69 yrs old its getting to be a chore. Brad didnt show me doing a burn out in reverse lol. I tried diving around the water but 2 tires alway get some and then i strighten up and back up to get more running area to dry the tires off and i forgot to put it in 1st and i hit it and shot back lol. I am setting up 1 more meet for the guys and may go back to try and unseat MEL( LOUD PEDAL) as king of the hill but it wont be easy as his 7.93 will be hard to beat. No matter what i decide ill still be part of this great forum as you all have been a great help.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL well i hope you enjoyed them as that just might of been my last race. I still love the challenge but at 69 yrs old its getting to be a chore. Brad didnt show me doing a burn out in reverse lol. I tried diving around the water but 2 tires alway get some and then i strighten up and back up to get more running area to dry the tires off and i forgot to put it in 1st and i hit it and shot back lol. I am setting up 1 more meet for the guys and may go back to try and unseat MEL( LOUD PEDAL) as king of the hill but it wont be easy as his 7.93 will be hard to beat. No matter what i decide ill still be part of this great forum as you all have been a great help.
Yeah I try to take out the mistakes as much as possible. I even took out one of the Jeep guys that staged with the rear tires. I won't say who that was. Hahaha

1,038 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1,038 Posts
Come on Jim you got to keep coming out. Mel has exhaust to right so that probably helped him and those Qa1's shocks on the back.

Yeah I try to take out the mistakes as much as possible. I even took out one of the Jeep guys that staged with the rear tires. I won't say who that was. Hahaha
Lol I wonder who that was. :rofl: I was in the zone obvioulsy not paying attention and did'nt even realize I had past the staging lights by that much while cleaning off my tires. :rofl:

· Registered
7,003 Posts
Come on Jim you got to keep coming out. Mel has exhaust to right so that probably helped him and those Qa1's shocks on the back.

I talked to mel and he said it likes the cold dry air as we only had 25% humidty but hates wet air so that might be the reason he ran .23 faster so i told him NO more cold dry races for him LOL. His jeep was a diff BEAST from last time as he went from 8.16 to 7.93 and from 75% humidity to 25% SO IS JEEP IS REALLY PUTTING OUT THE HP IN THAT COLD DRY AIR. Most exhaust dont help and his 60' times went from 1.79 to 1.73 so hes hooking and for now on to make things equal in wt ill drive his and he can drive mine lol. Mel deserves all the credit as his is the 1st E MAIL TUNE TO BEAT ME. Barb read this and said BS theres no way you will quit RACING BECAUSE OF YOUR AGE lol. Don Garlits turned 80 this month and he still races in STOCK ELIMINATOR IN NHRA.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I talked to mel and he said it likes the cold dry air as we only had 25% humidty but hates wet air so that might be the reason he ran .23 faster so i told him NO more cold dry races for him LOL. His jeep was a diff BEAST from last time as he went from 8.16 to 7.93 and from 75% humidity to 25% SO IS JEEP IS REALLY PUTTING OUT THE HP IN THAT COLD DRY AIR. Most exhaust dont help and his 60' times went from 1.79 to 1.73 so hes hooking and for now on to make things equal in wt ill drive his and he can drive mine lol. Mel deserves all the credit as his is the 1st E MAIL TUNE TO BEAT ME. Barb read this and said BS theres no way you will quit RACING BECAUSE OF YOUR AGE lol. Don Garlits turned 80 this month and he still races in STOCK ELIMINATOR IN NHRA.
Sometimes the females in our lives actually do make a lot of .01's.

· Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Hey Brad awesome videos man. Like Jim said next time I'll donate to the cause.

Too bad you edited out that rear tire stage but props to Mean for admitting it lol.

Jim, 69 is young man, just turn up the dash lights so you can see the big green R when you're staging ;).

· Registered
7,003 Posts
Hey Brad awesome videos man. Like Jim said next time I'll donate to the cause.

Too bad you edited out that rear tire stage but props to Mean for admitting it lol.

Jim, 69 is young man, just turn up the dash lights so you can see the big green R when you're staging ;).
LOL well i was only .07 to early. The way you were runnig i had to take a chance on the lite hehe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.