Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Irwindale CA Results 1/12/12 + 3 New P/B

Well is was a pertty good night but only 4 showed out of 10. 3 of us had P/B but LOUD PEDAL WAS THE MOST OUTSTANDING as he lowered his from last time out by .23 & 2.02 mph with his same JOHAN tune. MEANSRT really came alive from his last outing from FONTANA as he lowered his P/B by .17 & 2.51 mph. I had 4 new gy runflat tires and they didnt hook at all. All my 60' were in the 1.78. We all ran at the same time so here was the DA readings.
DA WERE +1686,1313,912 AND 553. Ill post my times the others can post theres as i no they have a good story to tell. My P/B was .29 mph faster.
Heres my best run.
Race wt 5190
DA........+912 FT
60'.......1.784
330'.....5.206
1/8......8.09
MPH.....85.09 P/B ON CA 91 GAS

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Had a great time Jim. It was cool visiting with everyone. #'s from my last run are below...finally got into the 7's! Next time the seats are coming out.

R/T .321
60’ 1.730
330’ 5.093
1/8 7.937
MPH 86.28

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes MELS jeep really did the numbers i wished i had my race gas mix but it still may of not been good enough to catch Mel. My race weight is my big problem and if pulling the seats out wasnt a job i would do it. The weight saving is 158 lbs and that worth about .08/.10 in the 1/8 mile. IMO i think we should add weight to Mel to get him even with us lol. Just mel driving my jeep he ran .04 & .75 mph faster than i did and theres 65 lbs diff between us so you can see weight can help. You have to remember i did my 7.95 on 93 octane and the DA was +12 ft and Mel did his 7.93 on 91 octane at 553 ft. NOW im estamating his race wt from my jeep as i have weighted it 2 times and with his body wt and weight saving mods that i dont have he is about 135 lbs lighter than me but that alone with my times on 91 gas wouldnt be enought to catch him as he still would be .05 faster than me. We have to just bit the bullit as his jeep at lower DA run like hell lol. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM TRY SOME 100 OR VP109 WITH THE TUNE HE HAS JUST TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
I think the weight and the weather made the biggest difference but hell I really don't know. I do know my beast likes it when it's cold. My last run the manifold was 74 degrees in the pit lane.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the weight and the weather made the biggest difference but hell I really don't know. I do know my beast likes it when it's cold. My last run the manifold was 74 degrees in the pit lane.
Thats it no more cold weather racing for you lol. You need to bring ice and a ice chest.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Nice runs guys and congrats on the new PB's! Does Mel have a Mopar TCM with higher shift points Jim?

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Nice meeting all you guys I was very impressed with my times. Im thinking it's time for some drag radials and then i'll most likely be kicked out for no cage.:( 7.25 and you need a cage. Below is my fastest time but was not my best 60 or mph for the night.

Best 60 was 1.602
Best MPH was 97.01

R/T .118
60 1.632
330 4.687
1/8 7.263
MPH 95.95

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Nice meeting all you guys I was very impressed with my times. Im thinking it's time for some drag radials and then i'll most likely be kicked out for no cage.:( 7.25 and you need a cage. Below is my fastest time but was not my best 60 or mph for the night.

Best 60 was 1.602
Best MPH was 97.01

R/T .118
60 1.632
330 4.687
1/8 7.263
MPH 95.95
Nice man!!! I see them 1/8 mile MPH are coming up!

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Great numbers guys , Mean that 7.26 is a nice mid low 11's , shits getting faster each time . Congrats man .

Reactions: MEANSRT

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did video but got a few pics before the races started. Here is one of the members here:

Here is the link to the other pics:
http://www.thefoat.com/fa/m-photos_album/album_id-1797/Irwindale+Jan+12+2012/

I will have to upload and edit 3 hours of raw footage and make a Srt8 edit for you guys. It will be ready in a few days. MeanSrt thanks for helping. What happened to the other guys?

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
I did video but got a few pics before the races started. Here is one of the members here:

Here is the link to the other pics:
http://www.thefoat.com/fa/m-photos_album/album_id-1797/Irwindale+Jan+12+2012/

I will have to upload and edit 3 hours of raw footage and make a Srt8 edit for you guys. It will be ready in a few days. MeanSrt thanks for helping. What happened to the other guys?
Thanks for sharing man! Real nice view of the mountains in the background of your pics as out here in Chicago we have nothing like that! In Wisconsin all they have is corn fields!

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
You sound like Wade ;-) Congrats on the new PBs guys but I think you forgot to ryun the rest of the track ! j/k:D

J
Wade's probably forgotten more than I'll ever know about A/F and all that other tuning vodoo haha. Yeah don't have the 1/4 miler options you right coast boys do..wish we did.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Nice runs guys and congrats on the new PB's! Does Mel have a Mopar TCM with higher shift points Jim?
No mopar TCM Jose. Johan tune, CAI, catch can and QA1's assuming the shocks dialed to 10 helps my 60.

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Great numbers guys , Mean that 7.26 is a nice mid low 11's , shits getting faster each time . Congrats man .
Thanks dude im pretty happy with how the jeeps running. I wish irwindale was a 1/4 mile. Also one thing that sucks about irwindale is there's no way around the water box so you have to roll through it then do a few launchs or burnouts I guess to try to clear the tire's of water and it doesnt always work i was fighting for traction all night.

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
No mopar TCM Jose. Johan tune, CAI, catch can and QA1's assuming the shocks dialed to 10 helps my 60.
Do you know the part number on the QA1's id like to get some. I put some on my uncles lightning just a week ago and I was impressed with them.

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.