Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CANCELLED 100MPH WINDS Irwindale CA 12/1/11 Race Meet All Welcome

Well most of the pm i got back said anytime OR after OCT so i picked 12/1/11 as last yr the DA in december were in the +500 to - DA. Any questions pm me.
Track & Teck opens at 4pm.
Racing starts at 5pm till 10pm.
Helmets if you go faster than 8.60 IN 1/8 MILE.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
I'm in!.....

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Got your PM as well Jim, I should be back in town boy 12/1... so I will be there for sure!!!! Always a great time.

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
I'll be there in DD mode kids seats in the back. LOL

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys as i went back to last yr and checked the months in oct,nov and dec for DA and dec had +500 to - DA.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys be glad we didnt race yesterday as the temps at 5pm were 94 and at 9:30pm were 65 and the DA went from 3000 to 1100 ft. Come on dec.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ill keep you all posted as there calling for a 10% chance of rain thur 12/1/11. The best thing you can do is call thur between the hours of 9am to 5pm at 626-358-1100 to see if there going to race. I leave my house at 11am so ill call at 11 to see how things look. Ill be there about 12:30pm. Go here for IRWINDALE WEATHER.
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=IRWINDALE CA&wuSelect=WEATHER

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Ill keep you all posted as there calling for a 10% chance of rain thur 12/1/11. The best thing you can do is call thur between the hours of 9am to 5pm at 626-358-1100 to see if there going to race. I leave my house at 11am so ill call at 11 to see how things look. Ill be there about 12:30pm. Go here for IRWINDALE WEATHER.
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=IRWINDALE CA&wuSelect=WEATHER

Thanks Jim. It still means 90% chance it won't! lol. See you there around 3:30.

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
I'll see you guys there. I hope the track is somewhat prepped as I have been having traction issues with my newest Johan tune. I never understood what everyone with the vortech was talking about having traction issues now i know it sucks im spining off the line then it's short shifting to 2nd. Time for some drag radials.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Heres the biggest problem were going tho have. Last dec the DA got to +200 ft that night but the humidity was at 81% and it took me running 93 octane to run the same 8.08 i ran this last meet we had in july with the DA at 2000 ft and humidity at 31% with 91 octane and trying to suck damp air through the air filter is terrible. When the humidity gets that hi the dew sets in and make the track slippery and they get the torches out to dry the starting pad off then spray it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
il be there along with a couple of other jeep buddies

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Up date there not calling for any rain 12/1/11 and the forcast at 6pm will be 58 degrees with 30% humidity and as long as the humidity stays dryer than a buckweat fat we be looking good. Heres where we need some good ole vp109 unleded race gas but my 2 suppliers said on vp109 till 1st of yr and there not carring sunoco anymore. Oh well i guess were stuck with good ole low oxygen 91 or 100 at the pumps.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts