Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been avoiding this mod for a while since my Jeep is a ‘17, and some of the interior lights are already hard wired with warm white LEDs. But I discovered that DIODE DYNAMICS offers high output LEDs in warm white (3k),hyper white (4K, 5k, & 6k), and various other colors.

I decided to give it a shot and ordered high Output 3k white bulbs for the vanity mirrors, and front dome lights. I figured the 3k‘s would be a better match with the factory LED map lights and rear LED roof lights. I went 4K for the front footwell lights. since they are farther aren‘t factory LEDs in that area, the contrast wouldn’t be as obvious. Plus, 4K is more PURE white than HYPER white.

Install was easy after watching some YouTube Clips. The only difficult part was removing the factory 194 bulbs in the front domes and floorboards. There is NO room to get you fingers in there and the bulbs get hot… fast! I used long needle nosed pliers with shrink tube on the jaws.

The 3k‘s are a good match with the map lights, but much bright. I’m. Very happy with the results.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In hindsight, I think I could have gone with the 4K (pure white) bulbs in the front domes lights. I don’t think they would contrast as much with the factory LEDs in the map lights and factory rear area lights…

I ordered another set of 4k’s to put in the cargo door, but I’ll test them out in the domes first.

·
Registered
138 Posts
In hindsight, I think I could have gone with the 4K (pure white) bulbs in the front domes lights. I don’t think they would contrast as much with the factory LEDs in the map lights and factory rear area lights…

I ordered another set of 4k’s to put in the cargo door, but I’ll test them out in the domes first.
I think the 4k will work better for the cargo door because it will be brighter and give better lighting since the cargo door rises up!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Out of pure laziness, I just left the 3k bulbs in the domes and tackled the hatch cover install with the 4K bulbs today. I tried to only lift off the corners of the panel covers to access the lights, but the panel ended up coming off.

If this happens, here’s an easier way to install the lights. Disconnect the light housing from their wiring harnesses and reinstall the panel. Make sure the wiring harness pigtails are easily accessible from the holes in the panel before installing the panel or else you’ll be fishing around blindly for the later.

with the light housing out, you can twist off the bulb sockets from the housings and install the bulbs. Now, just plug housing back to the pigtails and push the housings into the panel covers. There is an indexing lip on the housing and the cover, so make sure they line up. DONE!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts