Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
121 - 123 of 123 Posts

·
BlaBlaBla
5,384 Posts
Ugh! It finally happened to ME!!! My ride is a 2017 and I’ve been religiously using a sun shade for the past 5 years with no problems. Today, I was driving around with a friend and when he got out of the car, he pointed out that the trim on the front passenger door was lifting. I don’t know how long it was like that, but thank goodness it looked minor… just a little lifting by the door release handle. It was dark already so I really couldn’t get a good look.

I’llinspect it tomorrow and try to glue it down.
Kind of the same situation with me in my 14 300 SRT That lives in Florida. Always protected with a sunshade. One day took the dogs to the park on a sunny 95 degree day and totally forgot the sunshade. Came back to the car and both sides of the carbon on the shifter curled up bad!
Ended up getting a couple black screws and drilled pilots and screwed it down in the corners. Works for now.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Based on the recent posts, it seems like JB Weld plastic epoxy is the preferred adhesive. Mine is only lifting a little…. About a 3” section in the middle of the front passenger side door piece. Can I just get some adhesive under the section, or should I remove the whole thing?

I was thinking of trying an industrial strength rubber cement I have laying around called E6000.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Does anyone here know how to remove the carbon/accent panels on the front passenger door? I’m debating on if I should glue the carbon panel as it sits in the car, or remove the panel to glue…

121 - 123 of 123 Posts