Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
My 2012 is currently having the entire Trim Set replaced again for the 2rd time.... in 7 yrs lol 140k miles.
Just noticed my passenger side piece lifting. Going in for a second round as well. Came here to grab the notice. lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im the second owner of my 2012 SRT, the first owner had the trim pieces replaced under warranty. When i bought the vehicle it was missing two pieces and two were delaminating. Took it to the dealer, said they would take pics and send them to Chrystler.
Months went by and nothing. Took the car for a check up at the dealer and another service rep noticed the delamination and immediately placed an order, he said we had until november for this particular recall, no matter if they've been replaced. Took 4 weeks and a few days for all the trim pieces to come in and be installed. Sometimes you have to push these service guys at the dealer to make shit happen.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Heads up - there is 5 months left on this factory replacement. My 2012 has (5) or the (7) dash/door pieces popping, curling, bowing, separating and has an appointment Monday (12/9) for review and documentation...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry bro, a lot of us are suffering with this issue and the dealerships overpriced parts seems to be our only outlet. We are just re attaching them with epoxy but it's far from a perfect fix.
I am getting ready to do repair on the dash pieces and the 2 rear door panels, probably the front doors as well. What I will be doing since the original shrunk up considerably is use Carbon Fiber Black upholstery vinyl, with enough excess to wrap it completely around and us based on labor and materials.. Materials being about 30 for the vinyl, Enough FRP or metal if you want, aluminum is lightweight 1/8" thick to make the new pieces to cover, 12 for adhesive and 4 to 5 hours labor flat rate per hour varies 45 to 65 per hour depending on the auto trim shop. I will post pictures of this step by step when I am doing the job.
Doc phone01222019 363.jpg

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
If out of warranty you could try this ebay jeep carbon fiber.
It's only 200.00 for dash and doors

·
Registered
39 Posts
2016 GC SRT392
Canadian Model Imported to USA

You can only imagine the fight I've had with FCA Corporate, the Local Dealer, and the Local Studio that
sold me the GC SRT392.
The Studio I bought my GC from went bankrupt.

All my Carbon Trim began delaminating in September 2019.
I fought tooth and nail to get my Carbon Trim replaced under Warranty.
I guess I know the right people at FCA.

I just had every piece of my Carbon Trim replaced on this one time "good will" replacement.

·
Registered
662 Posts
That’s great news!
The Srt team does house a couple a great helpful people that have a little consideration for you and your pockets (i’ve had a few dealings w em and they were amazzing including Cf on my 12 , a tranny , sunroof sunshade) unlike the Cock**ucking Dealers that wanna just be Prick’ssss all day long!

Srt Team Ftw!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone know where I can get replacement pieces for the CF interior trim pieces?? A few of the pieces I had were cracked or falling off so I removed them..

Went to reattach the good ones and can't seem to get them to fit now..

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I just replaced my with the warranty. if you take it up to the dodge dealership they should be able to look up your VIN and see if it is still under the warranty. I had no idea mine was still covered until the service manager told me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
if anybody needs help replacing this part, let me know. there’s a lot more too it than what i read and saw on youtube so if you have any questions let me know!

Attachments

101 - 111 of 111 Posts