Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
This is bs. My srt has the same carbon fiber issues as the rest and yet two different bulletins don't cover me because my build date is June of 2012.

I'm in a less than 3 month production window left out and screwed

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Unfortunately in the exact same boat. Complete BS. Makes no sense. It’s the exact same parts. FCA leaving good customers on the curb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Has anyone had any luck getting these replaced. Took mine in about 6 weeks ago now to get the parts ordered. Nothing yet. Apparently still waiting on the parts. Getting impatient. Just want this thing back to 100%.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If anyone gets this done, could someone (esp with a 13) please post the part numbers that they are using? I'm not 100% sure the 12-13s have the same parts as the 14+, but I hope FCA finally issued this recall because they fixed whatever issue they had. I'd really like to replace my falling apart interior pieces with the new ones.

Srt_afflicition, I am in the same boat with a June build date :(

·
Registered
682 Posts
jus a quick lil thing here boys i haven't read through the thread or anything but....

i as all you have issues w my cf trim and have a 12 w maxxcare and was told numerous x's to F off etcc , bout 5 weeks ago went in for an oil change and decided to call the srt team and ask since the 13-18 are all covered under the new bulletin if they'd cover mine as it is bs that they'd leave the 12 out esp since we were the 1st to have this issue..

Very long story short , they did Good Will it and covered the entire shit ea piece in my Rigg was just replaced at 0 cost to me.. def took a while to come in as im assume everyone and theyre uncle are ordering and replacing but its done all w a simple call in to the Srt team w a lil sweet and sexy talk to a rep (female rep btw) lol ..

so for the 12's if ya make your case and make it sweet the Srt Team Rep will create a case and escalate it to their mgr's and get it approved !!

love Neil ....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Actually I spoke with FCA Canada and asked if they could look into why my 2012 is not covered by two seperate bulletins. N06 and X77. I explained them the situation that N06 covers up to march 5 2012 and that X77 covers from July 10 2012 to now. That any 2012 made between March 6, 2012 and June 29, 2012 was not covered for some reason, they were probably overlooked.

To my surprise, they were actually interested in why it wasn't covered as well. I actually got a call back from them a day or so later, and they requested I take the truck into the dealer to be diagnosed. Cool right? I thought so.

I hope they don't just goodwill me the repair, but actually update the bulletin to cover from March 6, 2012 and up. At least they looking into it.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's an unlimited mileage extended warranty for this, thank god. Repaired the main bezel shifter plate last year, cost me $400. Now both sides of the steering wheel are coming off. Luckily they are covering this now cause it seems to be a common issue

And I also just found out there's a recall on the airbag as well, I have a 2012 300srt8

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
If anyone gets this done, could someone (esp with a 13) please post the part numbers that they are using? I'm not 100% sure the 12-13s have the same parts as the 14+, but I hope FCA finally issued this recall because they fixed whatever issue they had. I'd really like to replace my falling apart interior pieces with the new ones.

Srt_afflicition, I am in the same boat with a June build date :(
Read. I did it with a 2013 like 3 years ago without warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys.
Will get a 2019 SRT soon after I sold my 2013 SRT.
Will the new models still have that issue with the carbon fiber trim?
Was a pain in the neck with the 2013. Whenever the sun heated the car, the panels felt off.

Thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
jus a quick lil thing here boys i haven't read through the thread or anything but....

i as all you have issues w my cf trim and have a 12 w maxxcare and was told numerous x's to F off etcc , bout 5 weeks ago went in for an oil change and decided to call the srt team and ask since the 13-18 are all covered under the new bulletin if they'd cover mine as it is bs that they'd leave the 12 out esp since we were the 1st to have this issue..

Very long story short , they did Good Will it and covered the entire shit ea piece in my Rigg was just replaced at 0 cost to me.. def took a while to come in as im assume everyone and theyre uncle are ordering and replacing but its done all w a simple call in to the Srt team w a lil sweet and sexy talk to a rep (female rep btw) lol ..

so for the 12's if ya make your case and make it sweet the Srt Team Rep will create a case and escalate it to their mgr's and get it approved !!

love Neil ....
How did you get anyone at FCA to respond?
I've been sending numerous emails, and can't even get a reply.
Would appreciate any information you have on the SRT team you mentioned
Thanks
RJ

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is a little deviation off the subject of "replacing the carbon fiber".
I don't actually like the carbon fiber and am going to try replacing it with wood trim from a different model or year. My previous Jeep was a 2012 Overland Summit and it had a great interior, brown leather and wood trim (in place of the carbon fiber). It looks to me like the trim pieces are all the same size for 2011-2016 (+?), but I'm not absolutely sure.
Has anyone else replaced their carbon fiber trim using pieces from different models/years?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Any clue on the 2014's?
Read this post.
There's a pdf of the Service Bulletin

They extended it to 5 years so you may or may not get it depending on when the vehicle
was first sold.
You may have just missed the boat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Read this post.
There's a pdf of the Service Bulletin

They extended it to 5 years so you may or may not get it depending on when the vehicle
was first sold.
You may have just missed the boat.
Stopped by my local dealership today and they gave me the number for Chrysler customer support (800-992-1997) and after calling them, I was informed that I have until December to get the interior trim appliques fixed under the warranty. So the 5 year warranty must have a few months left! Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Stopped by my local dealership today and they gave me the number for Chrysler customer support (800-992-1997) and after calling them, I was informed that I have until December to get the interior trim appliques fixed under the warranty. So the 5 year warranty must have a few months left! Thanks for the help
I'd do it as soon as you can.
Have a copy of the Service Bulletin with you.
My 2014 CF is in perfect condition so I'm good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd do it as soon as you can.
Have a copy of the Service Bulletin with you.
My 2014 CF is in perfect condition so I'm good.
Went by the dealership this morning. They looked up the Extended warranty attached to my vin and they placed an order for all 4 door pieces and passenger side dash applique. Should be all in within the next week!

Glad I looked into this! Thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
311 Posts
Went by the dealership this morning. They looked up the Extended warranty attached to my vin and they placed an order for all 4 door pieces and passenger side dash applique. Should be all in within the next week!

Glad I looked into this! Thanks for the help everyone
Getting ready to take mine in over the next month or two (I found out I have until Dec 12). Did they replace all the trim pieces or only the ones that looked like they were delaminating? I hate to get the bad ones done, then a couple months later the others start peeling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Getting ready to take mine in over the next month or two (I found out I have until Dec 12). Did they replace all the trim pieces or only the ones that looked like they were delaminating? I hate to get the bad ones done, then a couple months later the others start peeling.
So they replaced any of the pieces that were damaged or popping off. It seems like they won't just replace it all unless it ALL is damaged. Luckily all 4 doors were popping off and the big passenger dashboard piece was cracked and peeling so they are replacing practically every singe piece besides what is around the steering wheel. Which neither of those pieces are damaged from my observation!

·
Registered
311 Posts
So they replaced any of the pieces that were damaged or popping off. It seems like they won't just replace it all unless it ALL is damaged. Luckily all 4 doors were popping off and the big passenger dashboard piece was cracked and peeling so they are replacing practically every singe piece besides what is around the steering wheel. Which neither of those pieces are damaged from my observation!
Thanks for the clarification. Makes me wish I had left my rig out in the hot sun a little more this summer....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Late to the party, but I got mine pre-owned (2012 SRT8 25k mi) with all the carbon fiber falling off or off. The biggest part missing was the dash, which appeared to be broken off. I got most of them back on with automotive 3M double sided tape and a thin layer of adhesive. They eventually started popping off again because of the temp change here in Michigan. I was more than pleased when the service bulletin came to me. Took it to the walled lake dealer and ordered the parts. A week later with about 3 hours at the dealer, she had 7 all new carbon fiber parts on and looking good.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Late to the party, but I got mine pre-owned (2012 SRT8 25k mi) with all the carbon fiber falling off or off. The biggest part missing was the dash, which appeared to be broken off. I got most of them back on with automotive 3M double sided tape and a thin layer of adhesive. They eventually started popping off again because of the temp change here in Michigan. I was more than pleased when the service bulletin came to me. Took it to the walled lake dealer and ordered the parts. A week later with about 3 hours at the dealer, she had 7 all new carbon fiber parts on and looking good.
Bro 2012s have always had a service bulletin. This new one was for the rest of us.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts