Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Wtf.... leaving the 2012s off. After reaching out to Jeep and then telling me I’d hear from a case manager I’ve never gotten a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 2012s were covered under the original recall.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Any word on Jeep getting dealerships to cover 12s with this X77 warranty? Unfortunately even the old TSB from 2013 only covered about 1/3rd of the SRTs based on build date and mine is outside of that date range.

I called my dealer who told me to call Chrysler who had no idea about this new warranty so they told me to call the dealer back. I just wish someone could provide clarification as to why the 12s are specifically excluded when all other pre 18s are included as well as 12 SRT 300s.

·
Registered
157 Posts
FYI recalls NEVER expire. However, if the recall repair was already done, then you're SOL. Once the initial recall repair is performed the terms of the recall are satisfied.

A TSB, however, is only covered by the bumper to bumper warranty. After the base warranty expires it becomes a customer pay repair.

I believe the 12s were covered under a TSB for premature delamination. So to the point above if its been 6 years and you are just now having the issue then its not technically premature from a warranty coverage perspective. I would guess that right there is why they were excluded based on age of vehicle. Not saying its right, just saying that would be the rational.

·
Registered
99 Posts
FYI recalls NEVER expire. However, if the recall repair was already done, then you're SOL. Once the initial recall repair is performed the terms of the recall are satisfied.

A TSB, however, is only covered by the bumper to bumper warranty. After the base warranty expires it becomes a customer pay repair.

I believe the 12s were covered under a TSB for premature delamination. So to the point above if its been 6 years and you are just now having the issue then its not technically premature from a warranty coverage perspective. I would guess that right there is why they were excluded based on age of vehicle. Not saying its right, just saying that would be the rational.
What is a TSB? Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
GC SRT Carbon Trim Recall

I received the letter from FCA confirming my 2014 JGC SRT is in this group on Christmas Eve. The letter is dated 12/17/18 and lists my VIN.

Subsequently, I contacted FCA at the number on the letter and requested confirmation that my vehicle is included (I have been trying unsuccessful to get mine repaired / have repaired myself on the dash with epoxy - since late 2015 with no assistance or coverage offered). After being on the phone for an hour, my VIN was confirmed as included. The representative then contacted my local dealer, set an appointment and I arrived there within the hour.

It's now been 12 days...I've received multiple excuses for delays, verbal statements that it is not covered and then a "FINAL" decision from the area manager via service advisor, that it's not covered due to the following:

ESG sales code - 6.4L HEMI SRT - CHECK - GOOD

XSQ sales code - real carbon fiber trim - NOT PRESENT? WTF? All SRT's had this to my knowledge.

The dealer and area manager are now saying they cannot approve the $4800 :surprise: repair due to the missing XSQ code. I'm baffled, of course the vehicle is in the shop so I can't verify this without VIN lookup help. I've asked for this in writing and they won't provide it. Is there a reason dealers don't want to honor these warranty bulletins? Are they in fear of not getting paid? I find this ridiculous. This is the 3rd time my SRT has been in the shop with promises to fix items with assistance or under warranty yet nothing ever gets done. It's like pulling teeth to get this far. Do most customers simply give up, walk away and sell / trade the vehicles?

I'd like to know what you guys think.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I really appreciate it as I'm only trying to get FCA and the dealers to do the right thing here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
SRT8-X
I received the same Warranty Bulletin from FCA US. I scheduled the appointment, went to the dealer, they took pictures and verified the letter and my VIN. The dealership said they would call when the trim/appliques were in and schedule a drop-off time for installation. I was pretty happy as this has been a huge disappointment and eyesore for a $71K vehicle. However, later in the day, I received a call and the dealer informed due to the lack of the XSQ sales code - real carbon fiber trim, my SRT didn't qualify. I contacted FCA, who informed my VIN was in the Warranty Extention batch and put me on hold while calling the dealership. After about 15 min, she came back with the XSQ sales code - real carbon fiber trim verbiage as well. She completely changed course and informed I was not covered. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and after quite a bit of back and forth (STAY PROFESSIONAL), she informed a supervisor would call back within 24 hours.

Ironically, I just received a call from "Chris" at FCA, a level two supervisor. He said he has never seen this before, verified my VIN was absolutely extended, but needed more information so was going to speak to FCA internal and the dealership. We also discussed that unless it was a very one off special order, all 2013-2017 JGC SRT's had the carbon fiber trim, which would make their whole notification pointless as they along with the Chrisler 300 LX were the only vehicles in the Warranty Bulletin. I'll post back if I ever get a resolution one way or the other. I'd be interested to hear others who have had this occur as well. For all who did not get the letter, see attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
MinezSRT8,

Thanks for the reply to the thread and for my own sanity, confirming I'm not the only one this is happening too. We're on the same page. Same letter and excuses I've received.

There are enough of us out there that it may be time to begin a class action so FCA dealers can get their act together. I hate to bring legal action into this conversation but it shouldn't take this much to get a manufacturer and it's dealer service network to stand behind their products and treat customers with respect and the same loyalty the brand demands. It's beginning to remind me of the healthcare industry where every claim is denied until patients fight back. This is not how customer service should be but unfortunately this his how it's become. In my 4 dealer visits with my (2) Jeep SRT's over the last 5 years, (beginning at 16k miles under full factory warranty), each has been an abundant waste of time, resources, money and caused severe frustration. Nothing has ever been honored the way it was when I was exclusively a GM owner. GM always bent over backwards to take care of me and my family. Just wish I could say the same for FCA.

Thanks again for the confirmation of your situation. Please keep us updated and good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
One item I remembered while at the dealer waiting for them to write up the claim was them informing me that to fulfill the Warranty Bulletin, they had to send the replaced trim/applique back to FCA. So, if you replaced it or pulled it off leaving the crappy black glue covered trim piece on there, be sure to take the old delamiated piece with you.

I'll update when I hear back from FCA on this whole XSQ nonsense.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Appreciated again! All mine is intact too, the drivers door is protruding about 1" away in the middle and the main dash piece on the passenger side has come unglued all except 4" or so in the middle, I have epoxied this piece back on both sides, as well as the ignition trim but neither look great. Be careful handling the product too, its extremely sharp, I was cut by this and passengers were riding at risk when the main piece was protruding like a sword back at them! I'll keep y'all updated as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just got back from my appointment, dealer denied the repair because I had installed a Remin carbon fiber kit which replaced the factory pieces... many of which had outright fallen off and two were broken... since they denied the repair in May of last year as I was outside the 3 year 36000 mile warranty. They also wanted to check sales codes so I wonder if that’s part of it. Spoke to Customer Care who first suggested I try another dealer, and then said they spoke with the dealer who stated they would not do the work since they couldn’t return the original parts to be reimbursed. Supposedly they are going to check with their area manager, but I guess that person doesn’t have a phone because they are waiting until he “comes around” next week.

Edit: definitely will keep an eye on this thread if a class action is started. Ridiculous we have to even consider that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation ///Laid GP. I can't understand how the dealers are not more accountable when being addressed by their parent company / brand. I was told to "try another dealer" too if this doesn't work out. I told them that's like doctor hopping or something....I guess FCA thinks that it's vehicle owners and their families have no other responsibilities or commitments than to run around trying to get service performed. Good 'ole customer service at it's best....

Note the letter which included '13-'17 SRT was first extended to 3yr / 36k, then to 5 years / unlimited mileage and then 1-year from the date of the letter. Not sure why it was written or phrased this way but that basically covers everyone since the date of the letter was 12/08/18 per SRT / FCA. That should have been enough to warn us this was going to be a challenge.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just wanted to give an update on the Warranty Bulletin. I received a call from SRT (855-778-8326), and the gentleman informed that the trim would be covered under the warranty. He had already reached out to my service adviser at the dealership and has her sending the parts/labor pricing to him to provide some code for payment to the dealership. The service adviser called me and told me once she gets the payment code and orders the parts, she'll let me know when to bring the Jeep in. Looks very promising to say the least, but until I drive away in my SRT with new trim I'll remain apprehensive. The SRT guy seemed very rational and I'm really hoping everything goes through. So, for process:

1. After dealership says no due to the XSQ code, contact FCA at 877-426-5337 (have your VIN ready)
2. If disputed, ask to have a supervisor get on the line or wait for 24-hour callback from a supervisor
3. Explain calmly and logically why you should be getting this replaced as THEY sent YOU the Warranty Extension letter; perhaps even request elevate to SRT directly
4. Hope FCA/SRT contacts you and informs they'll cover the cost under the warranty

If this goes through, it will be big in my book to me getting a Trackhawk in the next year or so. After 5 Jeeps in my household over the years and multiple odd problems like this I had to pay out of pocket for, perhaps thing are looking up with FCA and their customer service.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the update MinezSRT8...I've been told "no" three more times today and then suddenly after a prompt concise email asking for a supervisor and call subsequently asking the same, my service advisor called back about an hour later with news that he just received a revised bulletin and it removed the parameters requiring both these codes....I'm waiting on a call back in the morning to determine what he comes up with but he told me the final steps were to work up the labor cost and lead times for the replacement parts. I know the 2012 bulletin / recall indicates the flag times for the labor so it shouldn't take too long to get this going. I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed, will advise the outcome tomorrow!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ok hopefully the below info will help some of you out. I do happen to know a few tricks so if you are still having issues feel free to send me a PM.

1. The new warranty letter applies to ALL 2013-2017 Jeep SRTs, regardless what owner you are. There was a snafu with sales codes, but that seems to be ironed out now.
2. These type of things are always a rush job and generally get out to customers well before the dealers are educated. So be patient and have the letter handy to help explain. I can tell you nothing digs you in a hole faster than being an ass to service personnel who honestly just didn't get notified of a change. Help them help you by being polite.
3. As noted above you are going to have to have either the original parts in some level of attachment or pictures showing that the trim did indeed fall off. In other words proof that you just didn't rip it off to customize and now want to change it back for free(not a cheap shot @ laid, I dont doubt his was falling off to start with). Sometimes you can get customer service to still cover it as goodwill, but its an uphill battle.
4. This doesn't require any other level of approval past the dealership inspecting and verifying the concern. For all intensive purposes its handled just like a a regular warranty claim.
5. Count on the parts taking a bit to come in. There is going to be a mad rush at the start that will certainly stress the supply lines.

On the 2012 exclusion/omission:
From what I can decipher 2012s were originally covered under a TSB for premature adhesion failure. So in theory if your trim is just now coming off it didn't prematurely fail in relation to the terms of the bumper to bumper warranty of 3 years and therefore doesn't merit free replacement. I guess the assumption is a 2012 that had "bad" adhesive/bonding should have failed within 3 years to be considered a quality issue and if it made it to 2017/18 it performed within the original warranty parameters. Again, this is just my interpretation based on the info I could find and doesn't mean I'm 100% correct or that anyone at FCA agrees with my assessment. Doesn't mean I would send a very concise and polite letter explaining how you've been dealing with this for some time and see if you can get some sort of assistance, hell even coverage with a $100 deductible is better than nothing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yea, unfortunately the original TSB on the 12s only covered manufacturing dates that account for about 66% of total 2012 production. I wonder if that is the issue -- someone thinks all 12s are/were covered, when in reality about a third were not.

Thanks for all the info on this GroceryGTR though, you've been on top of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
They didn't leave the 2012's off. In 2013 they came out with the recall N06 for carbon fiber applique delamination for 12's built from June 01, 2011 - March 05, 2012.
This is bs. My srt has the same carbon fiber issues as the rest and yet two different bulletins don't cover me because my build date is June of 2012.

I'm in a less than 3 month production window left out and screwed

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 123 Posts