Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
So has anyone figured out what the cause of this is? Is it simply poor craftsmanship, high heat, temp fluctuations, direct sunlight, etc? I'm trying to avoid the problem in my 2017, so I've been using a windshield screen when I park it outdoors.
The glue cannot handle extreme weather conditions. That is the point of failure. I have had my pieces replaced under warranty (even though I didn't have a warranty) and ever since then I have used a windshield screen in the summer and leave my sunroof vented open. Hasn't happened again.

Reactions: gd m i k e

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Reactions: Lokeybrandon

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
So went to dealer this morning for an alignment and talked to them about the Carbon Fiber Trim.. I pulled up the Chrysler Paperwork showing there was a recall on it and the service department basically said there was no open recall on my Jeep even though it is a 2012 and that was the recall year... They said I may need to call Chrysler themselves and get reimbursed or something or another if i decided to replace it on my own.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
So as I outlined in the link I provided you, I got around the whole "But the recall is only for 2012s" issue with critical thinking. I explained that they are the exact same vehicle off the exact same assembly line using the exact same materials. And if FCA was going to issue the notice for the 2012s, then it is only reasonable to extend to the other vehicles that are the same.

Dealerships can replace all this shit and get credited by the manufacturer. You just have to get them to be willing to use that kind of in-house warranty. Be nice. Kill them with logic.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Wtf.... leaving the 2012s off. After reaching out to Jeep and then telling me I’d hear from a case manager I’ve never gotten a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 2012s were covered under the original recall.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
If anyone gets this done, could someone (esp with a 13) please post the part numbers that they are using? I'm not 100% sure the 12-13s have the same parts as the 14+, but I hope FCA finally issued this recall because they fixed whatever issue they had. I'd really like to replace my falling apart interior pieces with the new ones.

Srt_afflicition, I am in the same boat with a June build date :(
Read. I did it with a 2013 like 3 years ago without warranty.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Late to the party, but I got mine pre-owned (2012 SRT8 25k mi) with all the carbon fiber falling off or off. The biggest part missing was the dash, which appeared to be broken off. I got most of them back on with automotive 3M double sided tape and a thin layer of adhesive. They eventually started popping off again because of the temp change here in Michigan. I was more than pleased when the service bulletin came to me. Took it to the walled lake dealer and ordered the parts. A week later with about 3 hours at the dealer, she had 7 all new carbon fiber parts on and looking good.
Bro 2012s have always had a service bulletin. This new one was for the rest of us.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
My 2012 is currently having the entire Trim Set replaced again for the 2rd time.... in 7 yrs lol 140k miles.
Just noticed my passenger side piece lifting. Going in for a second round as well. Came here to grab the notice. lol

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Mine finally got replaced this week. TEN MONTHS after I took it to the dealer for pictures. I freaking HATE this dealership. I finally got the SRT Help folks involved and they got it done for me. I'm sure in 3 years or so this will start happening again but for now it looks good.
I have to drive to another town because the local dealership is a piece of shit Autonation Dodge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts