Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get replacement pieces for the CF interior trim pieces?? A few of the pieces I had were cracked or falling off so I removed them..

Went to reattach the good ones and can't seem to get them to fit now..

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For you guys who have had these replaced under recall how did you go about that process?

I called my local dealer and they said there isn't a recall open for those pieces??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So went to dealer this morning for an alignment and talked to them about the Carbon Fiber Trim.. I pulled up the Chrysler Paperwork showing there was a recall on it and the service department basically said there was no open recall on my Jeep even though it is a 2012 and that was the recall year... They said I may need to call Chrysler themselves and get reimbursed or something or another if i decided to replace it on my own.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So as I outlined in the link I provided you, I got around the whole "But the recall is only for 2012s" issue with critical thinking. I explained that they are the exact same vehicle off the exact same assembly line using the exact same materials. And if FCA was going to issue the notice for the 2012s, then it is only reasonable to extend to the other vehicles that are the same.

Dealerships can replace all this shit and get credited by the manufacturer. You just have to get them to be willing to use that kind of in-house warranty. Be nice. Kill them with logic.
The weird thing is mine is a 12 and they said there was no recall for it and I'd have to pay out of pocket to have them fixed..

I will go after it again somehow. Just need to think of the right angle and like you said in the link you provided it may be somewhat of a process. Just need to be determined to make them fix it at their cost.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Definitely going to thank you guys for getting the number put on here. I have been dealing with my dealer off and on and they continue to tell em I am basically shit out of luck or I have to spend 3k to fix em all.

Going to go to the higher ups and get FCA and SRT involved

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Just spoke with SRT customer support and they aren't even willing to look into the situation... This has been a ridiculous process to say the least for something that is a known issue on all model years before 17s.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
has anyone considered swapping out the CF trim to the dark grey wood from the overland or summit? If so has anyone had any luck sourcing the parts? I'm going to start calling junk yards and see what I can come up with.
Considering the issues with the CF I've definitely considered switching over to the wood grain or the darker grey wood design. It would look very clean IMO

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Yeah that is what I am worried about. If they are honoring this current one why are they giving issues honoring the one I posted.

Great question and wish I had the answer. It’s ridiculous. I’ve been to two dealerships who aren’t willing to honor that notification. It’s a known issue across all years so fix the damn thing.

I’m currently getting Jeep involved above the dealership so hopefully something happens.

Have made a claim on my dash peeling up as well as the failing CF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
This is bs. My srt has the same carbon fiber issues as the rest and yet two different bulletins don't cover me because my build date is June of 2012.

I'm in a less than 3 month production window left out and screwed

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Unfortunately in the exact same boat. Complete BS. Makes no sense. It’s the exact same parts. FCA leaving good customers on the curb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts