Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
So has anyone figured out what the cause of this is? Is it simply poor craftsmanship, high heat, temp fluctuations, direct sunlight, etc? I'm trying to avoid the problem in my 2017, so I've been using a windshield screen when I park it outdoors.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Ugh! It finally happened to ME!!! My ride is a 2017 and I’ve been religiously using a sun shade for the past 5 years with no problems. Today, I was driving around with a friend and when he got out of the car, he pointed out that the trim on the front passenger door was lifting. I don’t know how long it was like that, but thank goodness it looked minor… just a little lifting by the door release handle. It was dark already so I really couldn’t get a good look.

I’llinspect it tomorrow and try to glue it down.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Based on the recent posts, it seems like JB Weld plastic epoxy is the preferred adhesive. Mine is only lifting a little…. About a 3” section in the middle of the front passenger side door piece. Can I just get some adhesive under the section, or should I remove the whole thing?

I was thinking of trying an industrial strength rubber cement I have laying around called E6000.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Does anyone here know how to remove the carbon/accent panels on the front passenger door? I’m debating on if I should glue the carbon panel as it sits in the car, or remove the panel to glue…

1 - 5 of 5 Posts