Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up, I have a 14 SRT and just for the heck of it callied SRT and asked them if they would fix this problem again for me. They opened up a case and said “ no problem” I was kind of surprised they did this on a 8 year old truck. I mean it’s bullshit that this happens, but you never know, it was worth the call. Both back doors are starting to come apart and dash left side of steering wheel.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just a heads up, I have a 14 SRT and just for the heck of it callied SRT and asked them if they would fix this problem again for me. They opened up a case and said “ no problem” I was kind of surprised they did this on a 8 year old truck. I mean it’s bullshit that this happens, but you never know, it was worth the call. Both back doors are starting to come apart and dash left side of steering wheel.
What # did you call? I would like to give it a second shot.
I sent an email off to Chrysler Corp. @1 year ago, because my 2012 came “Delaminated”. And they told me “we Can’t help you”.

I told them “I didn’t bring it in 3 years ago because it wasn’t happening 3 years ago, and I was trying to save Chrysler some $”
Now that it is happening to me and they say I waited too long…..So much for being nice!

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT8. Stock. Used buy in 2020 @61,000 mi. Brilliant black crystal pearl
59 Posts
I’ll be calling. My dash leather is just about completely unglued now and 2/4 door runners are off and last two are peeling. For a car that was almost 80 grand in 2014 I’m not impressed at all by this interior trimming.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Still waiting to see what phone number Wikkid called.
I cant even by my trim pieces, I've tried. They are not avaiable.
Specifically, its the piece over the glovebox. Mine is a staight piece with tappered ends.
The aftermarket ones wrap up, and around the airvent, my stock panels do not.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT8. Stock. Used buy in 2020 @61,000 mi. Brilliant black crystal pearl
59 Posts
I couldn’t really care about the trims even comparably to the dash leather coming off almost completely. It’s so bad I’ll hafta get a pic up here shortly but it’s f-ing terrible. I can live with my trim issues over the entire dashboard looking like dead snakeskin that’s been in Texas heat for 30 years. Pitiful for what vehicle it’s in. That number would be awesome…..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had same issue on my 17 GC SRT. Dealer covered under warrenty. I think they have a 5 year program for this problem.
You would think by now they would have solved the root cause.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts