Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay so I'm new to the forums, and I'm looking for someone to list a complete performance setup to make my beast even beast-ier :D My budget would be around $2,000 for everything at the moment. I'm sure as time goes on, I'll be able to gather more $ but until then, I'm trying to get everything up and running before track nights start here in CO. Thanks for taking the time and effort to post your setups / times!

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Everyone always wants more power. What are you long term goals for your jeep? How much power do you really want? What are you intended uses? You have 6K now but the best thing to do is figure out your end game and then start working towards it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Everyone always wants more power. What are you long term goals for your jeep? How much power do you really want? What are you intended uses? You have 6K now but the best thing to do is figure out your end game and then start working towards it.
Wow I really messed up lol! I didn't mean to put $6,000... Only $2,000 Sorry guys. I just want better than stock track times @ 1 mile above sea level and a good solid daily driver with no problems.

I also kind of like where these guys were going on page 3 and 4. Opinions? http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28380

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
predator, CMR tune, cam. That'll keep you under 2k and a good base to start with. Or, you can do nitrous, but doesn't do much on the street.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
predator, CMR tune, cam. That'll keep you under 2k and a good base to start with. Or, you can do nitrous, but doesn't do much on the street.
Listen to this man as he knows wassup with these Beasts....

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Ive got a CAI in the for sale section if you are looking for one on a budget.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Yeah I agree with Ekaz. Get a nice cam, and dial it in with a good CMR tune and you'll see some pretty nice improvements. Just ask Knuckles to see his dyno comparison.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What cam would you guys recommend?

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Depends if you want a low end cam to rocket you out of the hole or a top end cam that starts coming on in the mid range rpm's.

Tell us what you want the cam to do for you.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Reactions: Texas SRT8

·
Registered
784 Posts
Yep, got to listen to him. That would get you the best bang for you buck.

·
Registered
784 Posts
PWR camshaft along with a Johan tune.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Depends if you want a low end cam to rocket you out of the hole or a top end cam that starts coming on in the mid range rpm's.

Tell us what you want the cam to do for you.

I'd personally like a top end cam. My question is - by installing one of these, will I have low end power loss? What would make up for it?

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
I have a bottom end cam so I cannot speak from experience on what mine does.

The full benefit of a top end cam might be better realized with a torque converter. Look for the thread (somewhat recent) for cams, people had posted lots of idle and track videos of different cams and talking about them. If I find it I'll edit my post to include it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I have a bottom end cam so I cannot speak from experience on what mine does.

The full benefit of a top end cam might be better realized with a torque converter. Look for the thread (somewhat recent) for cams, people had posted lots of idle and track videos of different cams and talking about them. If I find it I'll edit my post to include it.

Okay let's say I went with a bottom end cam. I'm just lookin for details on everything

Also, if my rig is completely stock besides a mopar CAI, would I need any other mods to support the cam install?

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Yes, you will need a tuner, a tune to run the cam, and then all the install stuff to go with it. Gaskets, crank bolt, oil change, anti freeze. That sort of stuff.

You can find cams that are more stock type friendly and do not require you to change the springs or pushrods. Some do require the upgrade.

Have you sifted through the WK1 performance section yet. There is a ton of recent info in the form of questions asked and answered that could help you a lot. Great videos posted too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.