Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
It is interesting but would it fit in our space? We would be able to shorten one of the cooler lines too.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
That's badass but definitely carries a hefty price tag. Any time you can lower your IAT you will make more power.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Its just a larger heat exchanger, nothing too special there. I'm waiting till next spring and gonna put some meth on mine.

And all the nay sayers can check out the new hot rod magazine where Dutweilder built a 9xx hp maggie LSX motor with meth. He says its ok, I will not worry about it.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Its just a larger heat exchanger, nothing too special there. I'm waiting till next spring and gonna put some meth on mine.

And all the nay sayers can check out the new hot rod magazine where Dutweilder built a 9xx hp maggie LSX motor with meth. He says its ok, I will not worry about it.

im a very big fan of meth/water induction. i ran a 50/50 setup on my maggie blower in my s2k. gained bout 20 at the wheels at same boost level as pump gas.

i was able to add bout2 degrees of timing and lower iats to near ambient overspinning the shit outa the blower.

heres the skinny on why meth is frowned upon with this blower. if you spray pre blower, which i did as well as post blower cause my setup allowed, and which you are forced to spray preblower cause of setup, the rotors will have problems. there is a coating on them that will be eaten by the meth. i promise you it will happen, as i had my blower ported and reworked by steigiemer after spraying water/meth thru it for a year, and he said you sprayed meth didnt you and had to strip the rotors.

so its your call, go ahead and spray it, but the rotors coating will suffer from it.

on a plus side, IATs will drop real low if you spray a mix, and wil be very consistent in boost. also, you can run more boost then you can on pump gas since a 50/50 mix and 93 octane can yield approx 100octane rating :)

good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts