Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd start a thread on new features of the WK2 SRT8 that we can post and share with others as we learn things about our new rigs (maybe it can become a Sticky). No flames or opinions, though. Just add to the list even if it was mentioned in another thread so its all in one place.

I'll start with a few things that I've learned from my 5 days of ownership:

If you use the remote start on a cold day the seat heater, steering wheel heater and rear defroster will automatically turn on to prep your truck before you get in. If the weather is warmer those items will not be turned on (I'm not sure what the temperature limit is that activates them, though).

On the highway, if you don't want the ECO (MDS system) to come on you can push the shift lever to the right to set the tranny to 5th gear. The ECO will not come on when you're coasting or crusing, but you'll need to remember to use the paddle shifters to down shift for passing, etc.

The seatbelt chime can be eliminated using the same method as the WK1.

Reactions: gd m i k e

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
If you use the remote start on a cold day the seat heater, steering wheel heater and rear defroster will automatically turn on to prep your truck before you get in. If the weather is warmer those items will not be turned on (I'm not sure what the temperature limit is that activates them, though).

I think this is becoming a standard feature on most vehicles, I noticed that the same thing yesterday on my 2011 F150. It was in the 30-40's yesterday, and when I came out...the seat warmers were on. It appears to come on when the temp is 40* or below. Nice feature.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
In addition to the seat warmers and heated steering wheel turning on (temps below 40), when it's warm out (above 80- IIRC), the ventilated seats will turn on so the seats are cool when you get in.

Traction control can be completely disabled by pressing and holding the button for around 10 secs. while in sport and track mode.

Reactions: MMP11482

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
Sounds like a good idea to me to make it a sticky! Oh, I just did that...haha.

Bernie

·
Registered
425 Posts
Well, it was in the low 20's one morning and when I activated the remote start, the seat heater and heated steering wheel did not come on.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Well, it was in the low 20's one morning and when I activated the remote start, the seat heater and heated steering wheel did not come on.
There's an option in the EVIC that needs to be selected for it to turn on...

·
Registered
425 Posts
There's an option in the EVIC that needs to be selected for it to turn on...
Thanks....I'll check it out.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I'm so jealous... I can't believe that isn't an option in our WK1 rigs.

Keep the perks coming guys... you'll make the rest of 'em believers soon enough.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Great post!

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
When in sport or track mode and using autostick, it will not automatically upshift.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2012 srt8

Traded my 2010 for a 2012 due in 2 weeks. I hope the ride has improved and it has a spare trie. Any need to change the run flats to regular pneumatics ? Bruce M (LI - NY)

·
JEEP SRT since 2006
1,296 Posts
Traded my 2010 for a 2012 due in 2 weeks. I hope the ride has improved and it has a spare trie. Any need to change the run flats to regular pneumatics ? Bruce M (LI - NY)
The ride is improved as night is to day imho, you start in lux mode and dial it down to sport or track from there. It has a space saver spare (an improvement) and RF Pirellis (Improvement!)

·
JEEP SRT since 2006
1,296 Posts
How far has your remote start worked? Best for me was no line of sight and I bounced my remote signal off of a nearby hotel was 3 floors up and about 300ft away

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only challenge is that the space saver will not fit on the front with the big brakes so if your run flat is damaged too much and cannot be driven, they you'll need to put the space saver spare on the rear and put the rear wheel/tire on the front. I haven't gotten a flat in 10 years (probably just jinxed myself) so I don't know how often the run flat is not drivable but thought I'd mention this so folks are aware of it. I've had cars with no spare and just run flats so its good to know we have both.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How far has your remote start worked? Best for me was no line of sight and I bounced my remote signal off of a nearby hotel was 3 floors up and about 300ft away
Pretty much line of sight for me for about 200 to 300 feet. I also found on my Porsche that if I held my fob against my chin that my distance would improve a bit (sounds really weird and probably will be found to cause brain cancer like a cell phone). I haven't tried it on my WK2, though as I haven't needed to start my from more than about 50 feet away from my living room to my driveway.

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
Pretty much line of sight for me for about 200 to 300 feet. I also found on my Porsche that if I held my fob against my chin that my distance would improve a bit (sounds really weird and probably will be found to cause brain cancer like a cell phone). I haven't tried it on my WK2, though as I haven't needed to start my from more than about 50 feet away from my living room to my driveway.
the chin trick is old school. it works for me :) just get weird looks when ppl see me doing it....lol

Reactions: leith

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
My version of the chin trick includes holding up the other hand while "chinning". The upright arm supposedly creates an additional omni antenna effect.

If you think you looked stoopid before.....:p

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
When using the ACC pressing and hold the + or - button changes speed in increments of 5. It jumps to the nearest multiple of 5. say you are at 62 and press and hold, it jumps to 65 then 70,75,etc...

Option to turn on gps directions in EVIC. Shows the turn information with exit and distance until turn.

How big is the gas tank? I got a fill of 24.000 gallons on one tank. I noticed that the gas light seems to come on around 35 miles to empty. Then it seems like 5-10 miles later the distance to empty, DTE, goes blank and then reads low fuel. I was stopping within the next 10-20 miles for fuel by this time. I would be filling up 23.8-24 gallons.

When using ACC I seemed to get the best highway mileage in the 65-70 mph range. I would see the 17-19ish MPG. Once at 80 it would drop to the 15 mpg range.

ACC at highway speeds seems to hold a following distance of 2 cars when set on the nearest setting, then each distance further away seems to add 2 more car lengths.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts