Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, last night the wife and I had date night.

Ironically enough, I was checking inventory at the two Jeep dealerships to see if any SRT8 models were in stock and one of them has a MG Jeep SRT8 on the lot.

Well, we're dressed nicely for date night and are rolling in the Jeep since we'll be having drinks at dinner...I ask her where she wants to go and she suggest two places near the Jeep dealership that has the new SRT8....you guessed it, we take a detour.

I get to the dealership, circle the building expecting to see the new Jeep inside but no dice. As we approach the front of the building again, my wife says....is that it up there by the road?

I was like, Yep, notice the HUGE red brake calipers, so we park square in front of the dealership in customer parking, get out and walk over to the new Jeep sitting by the road. We walk around the outside, look through the windows for a few minutes, talk about it and then I checked the door and it was open....sweet, so we get in. We're both sitting in the Jeep, checking out the back with the DVD system, opening the lift gate, etc. etc. All in all, we're out there about 10 minutes checking out the Jeep.

We walk back to our Jeep talking, all in all...probably 12 minutes or so on the lot and not a single sales person came outside to talk to to us. They were there, I saw them inside. Two well dressed folks driving a Jeep SRT8 now, looking at a 67K Jeep for easily 10 minutes and not a single sole came out to try and make the sale........:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh well.....just thought that was extremely odd. :cool:

·
Administrator
6,373 Posts
I'm guessing you were not at the King of Cars at Tobin Dodge...haha.

Bernie

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They were scared to approach you guys cause you were in the wk1 hahaha.

Might it be that the Jeep was already sold? But even then they should have taken the courtesy, walked up and made a chat.
If it were sold and they still had it unlocked and sitting on the road frontage for every Tom, Dick and Hairy to come drool over, then shame on them. If it were sold, certainly they would have pulled it......

I'm guessing you were not at the King of Cars at Tobin Dodge...haha.

Bernie
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! I had forgotten about them! That's funny! I remember when they had a TV show.......oh, that made me laugh!

·
BlaBlaBla
5,400 Posts
If there's one thing I've learned about being in business it's..
"If your not taking care of your customers, someone else will!"
I would would of had you traveling down the pain funnel in five minutes!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
If it were sold and they still had it unlocked and sitting on the road frontage for every Tom, Dick and Hairy to come drool over, then shame on them. If it were sold, certainly they would have pulled it......

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! I had forgotten about them! That's funny! I remember when they had a TV show.......oh, that made me laugh!
Blue Genie, lol.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
55 Posts
Funny. Checked out inventory at my local dealership, stop by in the Jeep. Speak to the salesman, tells me they just received it today. Doing PDI on it, have to wait 10 minutes. Wait 20, noone comes up to me to ask me any more about the truck. Was I going to buy today? Admittedly not. Did I want to look at one. Yes indeed. Just walked out and left, noone even stopped me. I know it is a nice truck, but the customer service was terrible. When I bought my SRT, I wasn't even looking to buy that day but the sales guy was so good it was an easy sale.

UPDATE: Went back to the same dealership today, saw it parked in front of the dealership. Another salesman sees me, I ask him if I could take a look at it. He gets the keys, starts it up for me. I go inside, all I can say is wow! Those with the WK2, you should be proud. It is very nice, a definite upgrade over my WK1. Nicer materials, nicely finished all the way around. After 5 years, it should be. Still love my truck though. Just waiting to see one of these on the road, open road hopefully and no traffic.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
If there's one thing I've learned about being in business it's..
"If your not taking care of your customers, someone else will!"
I would would of had you traveling down the pain funnel in five minutes!!
Hahaha... Its like saying if you don't take care of Business with the wifey, I'm sure some other guy will:D LMFAO....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.