Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been reading the discussions on what applications are needed for a 4" bwoodys CAI...Such as a 90mm TB is needed for optimal performance, there for, needing to upgrade the Intake Manifold to a ported 90mm as well. I have looked on shopHemi.com and found the 90mm regular cast colored intake. Where can I find a powder coated black one?? and what is the price difference between the two?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Check bwoody site u can get it any color

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check bwoody site u can get it any color

Im talking about the Intake manifold powder coated not the CAI...Bwoodys dosnt even have manifolds on there site anymore

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Oh i didnt knw they stopped carrying them.... Hit up Andy then he can get u any color..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would look at Modern Muscle for an Intake Manifold..
and BWoody still has them listed.. it was there just a few days ago..
Ok yeah i just looked agian and found them...it was the picture that threw me off... thanks bud

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the core charge is outragious!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
u can send it to bwoody to gave powdered
So is it pretty much everywhere when you buy a manifold you have to pay the core charge? I have a buddy that can powdercaot anything so im covered on the powdercoating

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Yeah most sites/ vendors will ask for a core charge

Reactions: Caraj

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so is there a way to bypass a core charge?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Talk to Andy.. Call him or pm him.. Hes cool to deal wit he might help u wit the core if u want to order his product. He didnt charge me core on the stuff i ordered from him.. Maybe cus i bought over 10k stuff from him witin a week or so. Give it a try.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok...im not to sure who Andy is man...im pretty fresh with this Forum

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Sorry hes a vendor on this forum.. He supplies the PWR product.

Reactions: WhiteFeatherMen

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok good deal man...bc im not about paying that crazy core charge!

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
yeah, that core charge can be tough. pm sent.

·
Registered
635 Posts
ok good deal man...bc im not about paying that crazy core charge!

I will have a stock intake manifold for sale next week after I take it off of my Jeep. It will be complete with fuel rails, injectors, map sensor, etc. You can send it in to get ported and coated to avoid all the CORE charges AND avoid any down time on your Jeep! PM me for price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have the bwoody 4" intake, what kind of power difference will i see if i go to the 90mm tb and have my intake ported? i mean will it be a noticeable difference right away, or will i have to do something else to even see a difference?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i have the bwoody 4" intake, what kind of power difference will i see if i go to the 90mm tb and have my intake ported? i mean will it be a noticeable difference right away, or will i have to do something else to even see a difference?
I did some research on the question that your asking...there really isnt too much gain from porting the mani to 90mm and running a 90mm TB...im going to go with a 85mm port and TB and save money and get the same performance pretty much...those bigger ports are for more F/I applications.

Reactions: 4255jeepsrt8

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
I did some research on the question that your asking...there really isnt too much gain from porting the mani to 90mm and running a 90mm TB...im going to go with a 85mm port and TB and save money and get the same performance pretty much...those bigger ports are for more F/I applications.
What he said , now if you had a CAM/Headers the 90MM TB Matching a nicely ported manifold would be a nice 50+hp COMBO , I gained a solid .1 tenth and consistency at the drag strip by adding a Ported manifold but still using the stock TB . BUT ALL THIS REQUIRES TUNING :)

Reactions: 4255jeepsrt8
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.