Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I just got a OEM intake manifold, from Johnny (thanks buddy!), and when I opened the box to check it out yesterday, I noticed the PCV return nipple on top of the manifold near the TB opening is missing. He is contacting PWR to see if/why they would of removed it during his blower install...

So I was wondering if their is anyway to get one of these? I kind of need it for the catch can return, and want to get this baby ported.

What do you guys suggest I do? Pic Attached!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just looked at the manifold again, and it is also missing the nipple for the oil breather...can you get these anywhere???

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else?? I will check with the 'porting' company as well.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Rob, GREAT find! I'm wondering if I would have to tap the holes because they aren't the same...both barbs look to be the same though...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where can you find press fit barbs? Or better yet, the OEM one's to replace them!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you get me some info or contact information Dan? That would be great! Just need to figure out what fittings to get...

·
Banned
3,987 Posts
i looked all over and cant find a press fit fittings site. i would suspect a PRESS FIT means ONE USE.

if the mani is in your hand have them tap it and b done with it.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Here's the part # for the top one...

05037679AA NIPPLE, Crankcase Vent, Seviced In Item 1 Package Only, (NOT SERVICED)

But the parts book says it's not serviceable, but a part of the manifold package. The manual is for a 2007 and doesn't show the other one, but looking at the pictures it looks like it's the same part. Don't know why they'd break it out in the parts book and give it a number if it's not available. They have to buy them somewhere.

wink

·
Banned
3,987 Posts
Here's the part # for the top one...

05037679AA NIPPLE, Crankcase Vent, Seviced In Item 1 Package Only, (NOT SERVICED)
But the parts book says it's not serviceable, but a part of the manifold package. The manual is for a 2007 and doesn't show the other one, but looking at the pictures it looks like it's the same part. Don't know why they'd break it out in the parts book and give it a number if it's not available. They have to buy them somewhere.

wink
sweet wink. i never looked at the manual :confused:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmm so doing a quick search that part isn't available on its own like you said wink. The mani is in my hands, and I'm just waiting for some info from Dan about others who have used NPT fittings, and then I will order and tap those in I guess...

Thanks guys! Couldn't of done it without ya!

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Hmm so doing a quick search that part isn't available on its own like you said wink. The mani is in my hands, and I'm just waiting for some info from Dan about others who have used NPT fittings, and then I will order and tap those in I guess...

Thanks guys! Couldn't of done it without ya!
No problem bud! I just can't imagine Chrysler saying if you break a $5 part you have to buy a several hundred dollar manifold to replace it. Surely these things get broken from time to time. Next time I'm at Pollard I'm gonna ask them about that. If anyone knows the skinny on Mopar parts, it's Ken. Or maybe Resume will chime in before then...

wink

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome thanks wink! I will have to ask at my dealer as well, but as of now the Jeep still isn't drivable, and I'm still struggling finding a cam installer. I don't have a money tree in my back yard! LOL

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Awesome thanks wink! I will have to ask at my dealer as well, but as of now the Jeep still isn't drivable, and I'm still struggling finding a cam installer. I don't have a money tree in my back yard! LOL
Know what you mean... I've spent way more than I should've. Gonna be dining at the soup kitchen for a while... Probably ought to sell some of the stuff that's piling up in the garage, but I'm a packrat by nature. :rolleyes:

I thought you had a guy lined up for the cam.

Well hitch a ride tomorrow...Gonna be some new folks there.

wink

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha whatcha got to unload??

I did, but his pricing was disappointing, although I know he would do a stellar job! I'm gonna try! I will hit up Kevin.

What cam did Jamal get?

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
you can tap both holes to NPT and then get a fitting with a 90 and a hose barb. I *think* the one by the oild filer was tapped 3/8, not sure on the intake, I moved mine over to the side, I think it may have been a 1/4.
Its been a while but'll go back and see what i used.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts