Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Instrument cluster evolution

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cride1 
#1 ·
Hey guys - need some help. I have a 2018 SRT and looking for a replacement cluster to replace my Canadian one. Have they always had the speedometer on the left or did they at some point have the tachometer on the left? I have somebody telling me that from 2016 up the speedo is on the left? I believe at some point they also changed the center display from having one big screen to having one with smaller windows bordering the larger display. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

#2 · (Edited)
I think up till 2015 the RPM or tach is on the left and 2016 and up the MPH is on the left but has a big solid center screen and 2017 and up look like mine with 4 smaller windows around the center display,

This is a 2015,
Duke’s Drive: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 4×4 Review - Chris Duke

This is a 2016,
Used 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 4WD SUV HIGH PERFORMANCE AUDIO! For Sale ($48,800) | Chicago Motor Cars Stock #15912

This is a 2017,
Tech Talk: 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT arms you with info (pickuptrucktalk.com)

Here is my 2019 USDM, MPH is on the left but I don't look at that, i look at the center and depending on what center display you choose you can have a small MPH in the bottom center on the right side. Tach is in the middle. I leave either engine power or engine torque in the center display for viewing.

Speedometer Odometer Car Motor vehicle Tachometer

Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Tachometer Gauge
Trip computer Speedometer Odometer Automotive lighting Tachometer
Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Tachometer Car

#3 ·
Thanks for this info. Below is what my speedo looks like. It came from Canada and it looks like the importing dealer took a short cut when it came to converting the gauges and just put some type of applique over the kph. The temperature gauge still show C so I know they didn't really swap the cluster out. I don't really look at it either, but at the same time it kind of drives me nuts...

I think up till 2015 the RPM or tach is on the left and 2016 and up the MPH is on the left but has a big solid center screen and 2017 and up look like mine with 4 smaller windows around the center display,

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.