Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a solid installer to put in some parts on my 2010 jeep srt8. looking to not have to travel too far. does anyone know any installers that are in ny?? i live in westchetser and i am looking for someone who has experience with these jeeps.. i had someone lined up but dosnt seem like its gonna workout unfotunatly. please let me know. thanks

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm Not goin to hemi shop I fell with prices I have been getting they are too expensive. They quoted me 2000 just to install the cam an headers I already have.i think that's very high for labor only

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
you get what you pay for.

they do charge a little more than other shops but you get a Jeep dealer working on it
you get a loaner car
and if there's ever an issue call Jim and he takes care of you.

Also, headers and cam is not a small job on the jeep.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I don't know if u have ever built a car/bike whatever before... But somethin I've learned from building more bike then most dealerships sell in a few years, you get what you pay for. That's def an understatement!! Do it right the first time! Go with the best and you'll be happy you did.

It's funny this came up... A few months ago I was in the same spot you are right now... I wanted to do heads and cams and i was asking around who does some good work. My buddy who has a G8 was like dude you gotta use these guys out east (won't name names) but they build some nice stuff and have great prices. They gave me a great quote. I ended up going with the hemi shop because I have seen some of their work and knew it was top notch. They also have a dealership to back them up. So I have been hitting up my friend to go on these captree runs for about 2 months. His car has been sitting in the driveway because they blew blew up his engine on tue dyno and the shop won't take responcibilty for anything, so he's outa luck!! I've learned to get the best shop & work you can afford!!

·
Registered
11,241 Posts
I paid $750 for my CAM/Headers installed , there's nothing to do with "you get what you pay for" he's providing his own parts and it's no engine build we talking here , It's a straight forward install and any good experience mechanic should have no problem installing and charger around $1000-1300 tops . 2k + taxes , witch we know will be included is a stick up Joe's A$$ . But hey anyone can charger whatever they want IMO and I'm sure the quality is there and also don't mean you not going to get quality else where either .

·
Registered
355 Posts
I paid $750 for my CAM/Headers installed , there's nothing to do with "you get what you pay for" he's providing his own parts and it's no engine build we talking here , It's a straight forward install and any good experience mechanic should have no problem installing and charger around $1000-1300 tops . 2k + taxes , witch we know will be included is a stick up Joe's A$$ . But hey anyone can charger whatever they want IMO and I'm sure the quality is there and also don't mean you not going to get quality else where either .
I got quote $1700 by the "other shop" so to me his quoted 2k wasn't bad. $750? Damn! That's killer!

·
Registered
355 Posts
You know how the saying is "everythings bigger in TX!" in Long Island "everythings more expensive!" haha

Nah I dunno what's up, but I just figured I'd give you my experience...

·
Registered
11,241 Posts
I got quote $1700 by the "other shop" so to me his quoted 2k wasn't bad. $750? Damn! That's killer!
He charges , $400 for cam install and $450 for headers now and the best part he is a certified SRT Tech ( Already did about 6-8 SRT JEEP CAM/HEADERS / Paramount Tranny Upgrades ). Joe needs to hang on a little more as he is having some personal issues and don't seam to figure out a Install date for Joe .

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
id reather wait and have chris do it. as paul said its a straight foward install soo.i think 2000 is a bit much. i dont need a loaner car and i didnt get a big enough cam where im gonna have issues with anything as far as warrenty goes. besides hemi shop will only be abloe to back up soo much as they dont deal with warrenty work thats done thru a 3rd party i believe but dont quote me on that..

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
$400 to install a cam is retarded cheap.less then $40 an hour. also who's supplying all the new gaskets and seals needed to do the job properly, unless he's just going to reuse all the old ones because new gaskets from Mopar are probably just about $400 alone

·
Registered
661 Posts
Have you ever heard of Wheel Concepts in staten island? Their site is wheelconceptsnation.com. They are amazing, they do work for celebrities all of the time and win contests non-stop. Had them do all my work and i was very pleased (exhaust, intake,t-stat,all my tints, tailights and now putting on my rims tomorrow). The more work you have done by them the more they hook you up with sick deals. Hope that helped.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
id reather wait and have chris do it. as paul said its a straight foward install soo.i think 2000 is a bit much. i dont need a loaner car and i didnt get a big enough cam where im gonna have issues with anything as far as warrenty goes. besides hemi shop will only be abloe to back up soo much as they dont deal with warrenty work thats done thru a 3rd party i believe but dont quote me on that..
Shoot me a PM. I know someone that will do it cheap.. He is very good at what he does.

Cam only $500
Heads/cam $750
Headers installed for free with heads/cam install.
Cam/headers only $750

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pm sent...

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
So Joe who did you go for your installs?

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
So Joe who did you go for your installs?

Joe came all the way up to our neck of the woods. :p

Chris will take good care of your ride Joe. I was actually scheduled for install this weekend, but my battery crapped out and I'm waiting for a new one to be shipped from Cali. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Who is Chris...where is he located?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Is that Paul's mechanic?..how far is that from Jersey?..lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts